HTSM Heavy Twist Strap for Masonry
On This Page
Roof Truss and Rafter Connectors, Ties, and Straps
This product's information may differ depending on the category of use. You are currently viewing details related to Roof Truss and Rafter Connectors, Ties, and Straps. You can also view product information related to the categories of: Twist Straps for Masonry, Twist Straps for Plated Truss
The HTSM offers high-strength truss-to-masonry connections. This masonry twist strap is load rated for installation on both grout-filled concrete masonry units (GFCMU) and concrete. The HTSM resists both uplift and lateral forces.
- Installs with hex-head Titen® screws
- Straps do not need to be wrapped over the truss to achieve the allowable load
- 14 gauge (68 mil)
- Galvanized; see Corrosion Information
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Thickness (mil)||Ga.||L (in.)||Coating/Material||Packaging Qty.|
|HTSM16||68||14||16||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|HTSM20||68||14||20||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
- All straps have additional fastener holes.
- Twist straps do not have to be wrapped over the truss to achieve the load.
- Minimum edge distance in concrete block for Titen® 2 screws is 1 1/2".
- Straps can be installed on the inside face of the wall.
- Min. f'm = 1,500 psi and f'c = 2,500 psi.
- See Fastening Systems for more information on Simpson Strong-Tie fasteners.
Code Reports & Compliance