MTS Medium Twist Strap
On This Page
Roof Truss and Rafter Connectors, Ties, and Straps
This product's information may differ depending on the category of use. You are currently viewing details related to Roof Truss and Rafter Connectors, Ties, and Straps. You can also view product information related to the categories of: Twist Straps, Strong-Rod® URS Components
The MTS provides a tension connection between two members. This economical twist strap resists moderate uplift loads at the rafter or heel of a truss. The MTS has a small bend section to reduce interference at the transition points between the two members.
- Available with the bend reversed
- Straps do not need to be wrapped over the truss to achieve the allowable load
- Versatile with many lengths offered to fit the specific application
- 16 gauge
- Galvanized. Some products available in stainless steel and ZMAX®; see Corrosion Information.
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes.
- Available with the bend reversed. Specify "-REV" after the model number, such as MTS16-REV.
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Thickness (mil)||Ga.||L (in.)||Coating/Material||Packaging Qty.|
|MTS12||54||16||12||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|MTS12-REV||54||16||12||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|MTS16||54||16||16||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|MTS16-REV||54||16||16||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|MTS18||54||16||18||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|MTS18-REV||54||16||18||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|MTS20||54||16||20||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|MTS20-REV||54||16||20||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|MTS24C||54||16||24||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|MTS24C-REV||54||16||24||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|MTS30||54||16||30||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|MTS30C||54||16||30||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|MTS30C-REV||54||16||30||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|MTS30-REV||54||16||30||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
- Not all fastener holes need to be filled, as additional fastener holes are provided. Install fasteners symmetrically.
- Install half of the fasteners on each end of strap to achieve full loads.
- All straps except the MTS30 have the twist in the center of the strap.
- Twist straps do not have to be wrapped over the truss to achieve the load.
- May be installed on the inside face of the stud.
- See Fastening Systems for more information on Simpson Strong-Tie fasteners.
Code Reports & Compliance