MTSM Medium Twist Strap for Masonry
On This Page
Roof Truss and Rafter Connectors, Ties, and Straps
This product's information may differ depending on the category of use. You are currently viewing details related to Roof Truss and Rafter Connectors, Ties, and Straps. You can also view product information related to the categories of: Twist Straps for Masonry, Twist Straps for Plated Truss
The MTSM offers moderate-strength truss-to-masonry connections. This masonry twist strap has a small bend section to reduce interference at the transition points between the two members. The MTSM is load rated for installation on both grout-filled CMU (GFCMU) and concrete.
- Installs with hex-head Titen® screws
- Straps do not need to be wrapped over the truss to achieve the allowable load
- Can be field bent once to a 45° angle
- 16 gauge (54 mil)
- Galvanized; see Corrosion Information
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes.
- May be attached to either side of a grouted block wall. A minimum of one #5 horizontal rebar shall be installed in the top course of this wall.
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Thickness (mil)||Ga.||L (in.)||Coating/Material||Packaging Qty.|
|MTSM16||54||16||16||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|MTSM20||54||16||20||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
- All straps have additional fastener holes.
- Twist straps do not have to be wrapped over the truss to achieve the load.
- Minimum edge distance in concrete block for Titen® 2 screws is 1 1/2".
- Straps can be installed on the inside face of the wall.
- Min. f'm = 1,500 psi and f'c = 2,500 psi.
- See Fastening Systems for more information on Simpson Strong-Tie fasteners.
Code Reports & Compliance