S/HGAM Hurricane Gusset Angle for Masonry
The S/HGAM is designed to secure the bottom chord of a gable end truss or other framing member to masonry. The engineered gusset in the angle increases strength for lateral and uplift loads. This hurricane gusset angle installs easily with #14 screws to a rafter or truss and with Titen Turbo™ masonry screws to concrete or masonry.
- Engineered for increased loads in high-wind or seismic events
- Sold in kits with Titen Turbo screws (TNT25234H)
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
- Connectors attached to CMU/concrete using hex-head Titen Turbo screws
- Attach to grout-filled CMU with a minimum of one #5 rebar horizontal in the top lintel block
- Hurricane ties do not replace solid blocking
- The S/HGAM10KT is a kit of (10) connectors with (40) 1/4" x 2 3/4" Titen Turbo screws
||Connector Material Thickness mil (ga.)
||Allowable Uplift Loads
|To Rafter / Truss
||33 mil (20 ga.)
||43 mil (18 ga.)
||68 (14 ga.)
||4 — #14
||4 — 1/4 x 2–3/4 Titen Turbo
||4 — 1/4 x 1–3/4 Titen Turbo
- Min. f'm = 1,500 psi and f'c = 2,500 psi.
- Minimum edge distance is 1 1/2" for Titen Turbo screws.
- The products shall be installed such that the Titen Turbo screws are not exposed to the weather.
- See Fastening Systems for more information on Simpson Strong-Tie fasteners.
Code Reports & Compliance