S/VGT2.5 Variable-Pitch Girder Tiedown
The S/VGT2.5 is a high-capacity girder tiedown designed for cold-formed steel applications. This variable-pitch tiedown is used for single- or multi-ply CFS girder truss projects. The S/VGT2.5 features a predeflected crescent washer that allows it to accommodate top-chord pitches up to 8/12.
- Accommodates truss pitches up to 8/12
- Minimum and maximum screw configurations for more capacity options
- Attaches with self-drilling screws to the side of the truss
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
- Screw holes are configured to allow for double installation on multimember girders
- Install washer component (provided) so top of washer is horizontal and parallel with top of wall
Product Information Table
Fastener Production Information and Stuff & Things
(1) predeflected crescent washer
Zinc Galvanized, G90
- Designer shall insure attached members are adequately designed to resist applied loads.
- Straight-line interpolation can be used to determine allowable loads for pitches between 3/12 and 8/12.
- For (min.) tabulated values, not all screw holes need to be filled. Install screws symmetrically.
- See Fastening Systems for more information on Simpson Strong-Tie fasteners.
Code Reports & Compliance