SP4/6/8 U-Shaped Stud Plate Ties
On This Page
Roof Truss and Rafter Connectors, Ties, and Straps
This product's information may differ depending on the category of use. You are currently viewing details related to Roof Truss and Rafter Connectors, Ties, and Straps. You can also view product information related to the categories of: Stud Plate Ties, Strong-Rod® URS Components
The SP4, SP6 and SP8 are designed as stud-to-plate connections to resist roof uplift in cold-formed steel (CFS) applications. These U-shaped straps have a horizontal portion that bears against the steel top plates or sill plates and two vertical legs that are screwed to the steel stud. These ties are a cost-effective option when properly installed before the placement of the wall.
- Load rated
- Designed to resist wind and seismic forces
- Does not require top or bottom track attachment
- See table
- Galvanized (G90). Available with ZMAX® coating; see Corrosion Information.
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
These products are available with additional corrosion protection.
- See Fastening Systems for more information on Simpson Strong-Tie fasteners.
Code Reports & Compliance