SSP/DSP/TSP Stud-Plate Ties
The SSP and DSP single- and double-stud plate ties connect single and double studs to top and bottom track. Each can be used for either top- or bottom-track applications.
- SSP/DSP — 43 mil (18 ga.); TSP — 54 mil (16 ga.)
- Galvanized (G90). Some products available in ZMAX® coating. See Corrosion Information.
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
- DSP/SSP: Top track installation — fill all round and triangle holes
These products are available with additional corrosion protection. Additional products on this page may also be available with this option. Contact Simpson Strong-Tie for details.
- For wood plates, noted values only apply to DF/SP members where wood top plates are used. For SPF values, multiply by 0.86.
- For wood plates, when cross-grain tension cannot be avoided, mechanical reinforcement to resist such forces should be considered.
- Screws installed into wood plates with a minimum #10 x 3/4" self-drilling screw.
- See Fastening Systems for more information on Simpson Strong-Tie fasteners.
Code Reports & Compliance