SSP Single-Stud-Plate Connector
On This Page
Roof Truss and Rafter Connectors, Ties, and Straps
This product's information may differ depending on the category of use. You are currently viewing details related to Roof Truss and Rafter Connectors, Ties, and Straps. You can also view product information related to the categories of: Stud Plate Ties, Strong-Rod® URS Components
The SSP is a prebent strap designed to connect single studs in either top or bottom track applications. This versatile single-stud-plate connector helps to create a continuous load path in uplift resistance. The SSP features a top flange that allows the plate to attach securely to both top and bottom tracks.
- Embossments provide strength at the bend
- Prebent design for easy installation
- Can be installed before or after placement of wall
- 18 gauge
- Galvanized or ZMAX® coating; see Corrosion Information
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
- Top track installation — fill all round and triangle holes
- US Patents 7,356,973; 7,065,932
- Wood Construction Connectors Technical and Installation Notes
- Cold-Formed Steel Connectors Technical and Installation Notes
- General Notes for Wood Construction Connectors
- General Notes for Cold-Formed Steel
- Corrosion Information
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Ga.||W (in.)||L (in.)||Coating/Material||Packaging Qty.|
|SSP||18||1 3/8||6 11/16||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|SSPZ||18||1 3/8||6 11/16||ZMAX®||1|
These products are available with additional corrosion protection.
- For wood plates, noted values only apply to DF/SP members where wood top plates are used. For SPF values, multiply by 0.86.
- For wood plates, when cross-grain tension cannot be avoided, mechanical reinforcement to resist such forces should be considered.
- Screws installed into wood plates with a minimum #10 x 3/4" self-drilling screw.
- See Fastening Systems for more information on Simpson Strong-Tie fasteners.
Code Reports & Compliance