STC/STCT/DTC Roof Truss Clips
Roof Truss and Rafter Connectors, Ties, and Straps
This product's information may differ depending on the category of use. You are currently viewing details related to Roof Truss and Rafter Connectors, Ties, and Straps. You can also view product information related to the category: Truss Clips
For alignment control between a roof truss and nonbearing walls; the 1 1/2" slot permits vertical truss chord movement when loads are applied.
- 18 gauge (43 mil)
- Galvanized (G90)
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes.
- Use STC or DTC depending on required loads.
- STC / STCT / DTC may be used with proprietary material sections. Contact material supplier for specific installation details.
- Use STCT where truss or rafter is separated from the top plate of the nonbearing wall.
- Install slot screws in the middle of the slot.
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Ga.||Coating/Material||Packaging Qty.|
|DTC||18||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|STC||18||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|STCT||18||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
- Truss or rafter must be bearing on top plate to achieve the allowable loads under "Without Gap."
- Clips are required on both sides of the truss to achieve F1 loads in both directions (stagger parts to avoid screw interferences).
- See Fastening Systems for more information on Simpson Strong-Tie fasteners.
DTC Head-of-Wall Slide-Clip Application Allowable Loads (lb.)
- Allowable loads may not be increased for wind or seismic load.
- Clips do not replace stud lateral or stability bracing. Design of bracing is the responsibility of the designer.
- It is the responsibility of the designer to verify the adequacy of the stud. Allowable loads are based on clips installed an adequate distance away from penetrations, notches, ends of studs and other conditions that may affect the clip performance.
- See current Fastening Systems catalog for more information on Simpson Strong-Tie fasteners.
- EQ = Equivalent, DW = Drywall, STR = Structural.
Code Reports & Compliance