TSP Twist Stud Plate
On This Page
Roof Truss and Rafter Connectors, Ties, and Straps
This product's information may differ depending on the category of use. You are currently viewing details related to Roof Truss and Rafter Connectors, Ties, and Straps. You can also view product information related to the categories of: Stud Plate Ties, Seismic and Hurricane Ties, Strong-Rod® URS Components
The TSP is designed for connecting the top plate to a wall stud. This twist stud plate tie is installed on the web of a stud to avoid interference with sheathing. The TSP features a top flange that allows the plate to securely attach to top track or top track and top plate for use in hybrid wood trusses or rafters.
- Embossments provide strength at the bend
- Prebent design for easy installation
- Can be installed before or after placement of wall
- 16 gauge
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
- Wood Construction Connectors Technical and Installation Notes
- Cold-Formed Steel Connectors Technical and Installation Notes
- General Notes for Wood Construction Connectors
- General Notes for Cold-Formed Steel
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Ga.||W (in.)||L (in.)||Coating/Material||Packaging Qty.|
|TSP||16||1 1/2||7 7/8||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
These products are available with additional corrosion protection.
- For wood plates, noted values only apply to DF/SP members where wood top plates are used. For SPF values, multiply by 0.86.
- For wood plates, when cross-grain tension cannot be avoided, mechanical reinforcement to resist such forces should be considered.
- Screws installed into wood plates with a minimum #10 x 3/4" self-drilling screw.
- See Fastening Systems for more information on Simpson Strong-Tie fasteners.
Code Reports & Compliance