VGT Variable-Pitch Girder Tiedown
On This Page
Roof Truss and Rafter Connectors, Ties, and Straps
This product's information may differ depending on the category of use. You are currently viewing details related to Roof Truss and Rafter Connectors, Ties, and Straps. You can also view product information related to the categories of: Girder Tiedowns, Girder Tiedowns for Plated Truss, Girder Tiedowns for Masonry
The VGT is a moderate- to high-load girder tiedown for hybrid wood-to-cold-formed-steel applications. This variable-pitch tiedown uses Simpson Strong-Tie® Strong-Drive® SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws for a secure connection. The VGT features a predeflected crescent washer that allows it to accommodate top-chord pitches up to 8/12.
- Accommodates truss pitches up to 8/12
- Minimum and maximum screw configurations for more capacity options
- Standard, left and right parts available for conditions occurring with or without cantilever or overhang: standard VGT, left-concealed VGTL, right-concealed VGTR (see image gallery for VGTL/R)
- 7 gauge
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
- Screw holes are configured to allow double installation on multimember girders
- Install washer component (provided) so top of washer is horizontal and parallel with top of wall
- US Patent 7,707,785
- Cold-Formed Steel Connectors Technical and Installation Notes
- Wood Construction Connectors Technical and Installation Notes
- General Notes for Cold-Formed Steel
- General Notes for Wood Construction Connectors
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Ga.||W (in.)||H (in.)||CL (in.)||Coating/Material||Product Includes||Packaging Qty.|
|VGT||7||8 1/2||4 1/4||1 7/8||Zinc Galvanized, G90||(16) 1/4 in. x 3 in. Strong-Drive SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws and (1) predeflected crescent washer||1|
|VGTL||7||8 1/2||4 1/4||1 7/8||Zinc Galvanized, G90||(16) 1/4 in. x 3 in. Strong-Drive SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws and (1) predeflected crescent washer||1|
|VGTR||7||8 1/2||4 1/4||1 7/8||Zinc Galvanized, G90||(16) 1/4 in. x 3 in. Strong-Drive SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws and (1) predeflected crescent washer||1|
- Designer shall insure attached members are adequately designed to resist applied loads.
- Straight-line interpolation can be used to determine allowable loads for pitches between 3/12 and 8/12.
- Allowable loads on wood have been increased 60% for wind or earthquake loading with no further increase allowed; reduce where other load duration factors govern.
- For (min.) tabulated values, not all screw holes need to be filled. Install screws symmetrically.
- See Fastening Systems for more information on Simpson Strong-Tie fasteners.
Code Reports & Compliance