OS/OHS Ornamental Strap Ties
On This Page
Notched straps transfer tension loads across a variety of applications. The OS/OHS strap is for ornamental applications and features a black powder-coat finish for a more decorative look.
- See table
- Black powder coat
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
- Non-notched alternatives: HSTPC/PSPC Strap Ties
- Non-ornamental alternatives: HST, PS
- Allowable loads have been increased for wind or earthquake loading with no further increase allowed. Reduce where other loads govern.
- Allowable loads are based on parallel-to-grain loading and a minimum member thickness of 3 1/2", with bolts in single shear. Straps must be centered at the splice joint, and bolt edge distances must meet NDS minimum requirements.
- Designer must determine allowable loads when combining bolts parallel and perpendicular to grain.
Code Reports & Compliance