CCCQ Cross Column Cap, Quick-Install
The CCCQ is designed to provide strong column-to-beam connections when there are multiple wood beams on top of a column. When properly installed, this cross column cap helps to distribute the load from the intersecting beams and provides support for the connection. The CCCQ uses Strong-Drive® SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws to provide faster installation and a lower profile than standard through bolts and is special-ordered per specific details from the designer to accommodate the many combinations of beam and post sizes.
- Screws are configured to provide high uplift design values
- Certified welds for confidence in strength and loading
- Diamond holes to provide temporary fastening
- CCCQ3, CCCQ4, CCCQ4.62, CCCQ6 — 7 gauge; all others — 3 gauge
- Simpson Strong-Tie gray paint. Also available in HDG; see Corrosion Information.
- Install 1/4" x 2 1/2" Strong-Drive SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws, which are provided, in all round holes. (Lag screws will not achieve the same load.)
- No additional welding is allowed.
- Available in widths up to 8" wide.
- Straps may be rotated where W1 ≥ W2.
- Many combinations of beam and post sizes can be manufactured (refer to worksheet Options for Multiple-Beam Column Caps, T-C-CCQLTC-WS).
- Column caps may be ordered without the column straps for field welding to a steel column, full loads apply for the beam and the post cap. Specify “No Straps” when ordering. Weld by designer. These models have no coating.
- The L dimension varies depending on the width of the side stirrup (W3 or W4). Contact Simpson Strong-Tie for exact dimensions.
- Main-beam stirrup height (H1) is 7". Side-beam stirrups (H2 or H3) can vary in height, with a minimum height of 7". Specify the side stirrup height from the top of the cap.
- Example: Order CCCQ for 4x main beam, 6x post, with both beams flush on bottom, as a CCCQ46SDS, and specify side beam sizes.
|Series||Allowable Loads (DF/SP)|
|Uplift (160)||Download (100)|
|Main Beam||Side Beam||Total||Side Beam||Total|
|CCCQ-SDS||4,780||2,390||4,780||7,000||Refer to note #4|
- Uplift loads have been increased for earthquake or wind loading with no further increase allowed. Reduce where other loads govern.
- Allowable load is per seat. Side beams must be loaded symmetrically for the CCCQ.
- The combined uplift loads applied to all beams in the connector must not exceed the total allowable uplift load listed in the table.
- The combined download for all the carried beams shall not exceed the allowable download for the unmodified product (CCQ load for CCCQ). The download for each side beam shall not exceed the allowable load shown.
- Column width in the direction of the beam width must be the same as the main beam width (W1).
Code Reports & Compliance