HDC Concentric Holdown
The unique design of the HDC holdowns eliminate eccentricity. They install with Simpson Strong-Tie® Strong-Drive® SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws (included) to reduce slip and provide a greater net section area of the post compared to bolts.
- 10 gauge strap
- Galvanized strap, aluminum base
- Use all specified fasteners. See Holdown and Tension Tie General Notes.
- Install on concrete.
- Sized for 2-2x, and 4x. Center 2-2x posts on holdown.
- Uses Strong-Drive SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws supplied with the holdowns to ensure proper fasteners are used.
- Slot in the seat allows for 3/8" of adjustment perpendicular to plate.
- Cut washer required between base and anchor nut. HDC10 models use narrow cut washer with outside diameter of 1 3/4".
- Witness slot in the base to inspect the nut.
- Maximum anchor bolt height above concrete is 2 1/8".
- Aluminum standoff cannot be in contact with preservative-treated wood.
- Strong-Drive SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws install best with a low speed high torque drill with a 3/8" hex head driver.
High Wind-Resistant Construction Application GuideF-C-HWRCAG16The newly updated High Wind-Resistant Construction Application Guide offers new applications, updated loads, as well as more fastening information that is used to resist high-wind.Product Guide
City of Los Angeles RR Values for Connectors in Shear Walls and Wall Anchorage AssembliesT-C-HDLA15T-C-HDLA15 is a technical bulletin that details holdown requirements imposed by the City of Los Angeles and provides adjusted load values for Simpson Strong-Tie holdowns that meet these requirements.Technical Bulletin
Connectors Installed on SCL ColumnsT-C-SCLCLM16A one-page, single-sided technical bulletin discussing the structural properties of the two different surface sides of SCL columns, including the listing of reduction factors.Technical Bulletin
Connectors Installed on SCL ColumnsT-C-SCLCLMCAN17A one-page Canadian Limit States version of the technical bulletin discussing the structural properties of two different surface sides of columns made from structural composite lumber (SCL).Technical Bulletin
Holdown Anchors: Slab-on-GradeL-C-HDABSOG17Anchor Bolt Recommendations for Holdowns Used with Slab-On-Grade Foundations.Engineering Letter
Holdown Anchors: StemwallL-C-HDABSTEM15Anchor Bolt Recommendations for Holdowns Used with Stemwall FoundationsEngineering Letter
Show 4 MoreShow Less
- See Holdown and Tension Tie General Notes.
- The HDCs will be limited by wood compression capacity if installed on a sill plate. HDC10/22 will achieve an allowable load of 4005 lbs. on a DFL plate. HDC10/4 will achieve an allowable load of 4940 lbs. on a DFL plate, which does not take deflection into account. Full tension values apply when installed on a sill, deflections may be higher.
- Higher values may be obtained when HDC is not placed at an edge or with f'c concrete strength > 2500 psi.
|Part||IAPMO UES ER||ICC-ES ESR||City of Los Angeles||State of Florida|
|HDC||See specific model numbers for code listings.|
|HDC5/22-SDS2.5||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|HDC5/4-SDS2.5||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
ESR-2523 is an Index of many of Simpson Strong-Tie Stamped and Welded Cold-formed Steel Products for Wood or Cold-formed Steel Construction