HDQ Holdown, Quick-Install
On This Page
The HDQ is designed for high loads and provides ease of installation. The unique design of the seat in this holdown allows installation raised above the sill plate and greatly minimizes deflection under load. The HDQ comes with Strong-Drive® SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws, which install easily, reduce fastener slip and provide a greater net section than bolts.
- Strong-Drive SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws are supplied with the holdowns to ensure proper fasteners are used
- Screws may be installed either flush or raised off the mudsill without a reduction in load value
- No stud bolts to countersink at openings
- 7 ga.
- See General Notes for Holdowns and Tension Ties
- No additional washer is required
- Strong-Drive SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws install best with a low-speed, high-torque drill equipped with a 3/8" hex-head driver
- 5/8" of adjustability perpendicular to the wall
For stainless-steel fasteners, see Fastener Types and Sizes Specified for Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors.
- HHDQ14 requires a heavy-hex anchor nut (supplied with holdown).
- HDQ and HHDQ installed horizontally achieve compression loads with the addition of a standard nut on the underside of the load transfer plate. Refer to ICC-ES ESR-2330 for design values. HDQ8 requires a standard nut and BP 7/8-2 load washer (sold separately) on the underside of the holdown for compression load. Design of anchorage rods for compression force shall be per the Designer.
Code Reports & Compliance