H11Z Hurricane Tie
On This Page
The H11Z holds a rafter or truss on both sides for high lateral load resistance. The U-shaped design provides faster installation than using two single-sided ties. The H11Z is specifically designed for 3x nominal lumber.
- Provides a connection between the truss or rafter and the wall of the structure that helps resist wind and seismic forces
- Used for a variety of connections where one member crosses another
- 18 ga.
- ZMAX® coating; see Corrosion Information
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes.
- Hurricane ties do not replace solid blocking.
- When installing ties on plated trusses (on the side opposite the truss plate) do not fasten through the truss plate from behind. This can force the truss plate off of the truss and compromise truss performance.
Wood Construction Connectors 2021-2023
A catalog including new product information as well as any applicable specification and installation instructions for wood-to-wood and wood-to-concrete structural connectors.
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Ga.||Coating/Material||Packaging Qty.|
These products are available with additional corrosion protection.
- See Straps and Ties General Notes.
- Allowable loads in the F1 direction are not intended to replace diaphragm boundary members and do not account for possible cross-grain bending of the truss or rafter members.
- When cross-grain bending or cross-grain tension cannot be avoided in the members, mechanical reinforcement to resist such forces shall be considered by the designer.
- Hurricane ties are shown installed on the outside of the wall for clarity and assume a minimum overhang of 3 1/2". Installation on the inside of the wall is acceptable. For uplift Continuous Load Path, connections in the same area (i.e., truss-to-plate connector and plate-to-stud connector) must be on same side of the wall.
- For simultaneous loads in more than one direction, the connector must be evaluated using either the Unity Equation or the 75% Rule, as described in Straps and Ties General Notes.
- Fasteners: Nail dimensions in the table are listed diameter by length. For additional information, see Fastener Types and Sizes Specified for Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors.
Code Reports & Compliance