H16 Hurricane Tie
On This Page
Seismic and Hurricane Ties
This product's information may differ depending on the category of use. You are currently viewing details related to Seismic and Hurricane Ties. You can also view product information related to the category: Hurricane Ties for Masonry
The H16 is a high-capacity hurricane tie that connects trusses to the top of wall plates in wood framing walls. The presloped seat simplifies installation and improves performance. The long straps of the H16 increase versatility, making it suitable for truss heel height up to 13 1/2".
- Provides a connection between the truss or rafter and the wall of the structure that helps resist wind forces
- The presloped seat of 5:12 provides a tight fit and reduced deflection
- 18 ga.
- Galvanized (G90)
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes.
- Hurricane ties do not replace solid blocking.
- Minimum heel height for H16 is 4".
- H16 presloped at 5/12. Truss/rafter pitch of 3/12 to 7/12 is acceptable.
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Ga.||W (in.)||L (in.)||Coating/Material||Packaging Qty.|
|H16||18||1 5/8||18 3/4||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
- See Straps and Ties General Notes.
- When cross-grain bending or cross-grain tension cannot be avoided in the members, mechanical reinforcement to resist such forces shall be considered by the designer.
- Fasteners: Nail dimensions in the table are diameter by length. For additional information, see Fastener Types and Sizes Specified for Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors.
Code Reports & Compliance