H1A Hurricane Tie
The H1A provides a connection between the truss or rafter and the wall of the structure that helps resist wind and seismic forces. The H1A is designed for nominal 2x lumber. These U-shaped hurricane ties provide faster installation than using two single-sided ties. The embossments add stiffness in crucial areas for improved performance.
- Holds the rafter or truss on both sides for high lateral load resistance
- Can be installed on inside or outside of wall, or both sides
- Can be installed with flanges facing either inward or outward
- Provides faster installation than using two single-sided ties
- 18 ga.
- Galvanized (G90) or ZMAX® coating; see Corrosion Information
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes.
- Hurricane ties do not replace solid blocking.
- When installing ties on plated trusses (on the side opposite the truss plate) do not fasten through the truss plate from behind. This can force the truss plate off of the truss and compromise truss performance.
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Ga.||Coating/Material||Packaging Qty.|
|H1A||18||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
Load Values with Carbon Steel Nails
These products are available with additional corrosion protection.
H1A approved for installation with Strong-Drive® SD Connector screws.
|Model No.||Ga.||Fasteners (in.)||DF/SP Allowable Loads||SPF/HF Allowable Loads|
|To Rafters/ Truss||To Plates||Uplift||Lateral (160)||Uplift||Lateral (160)|
|H1A||18||(4) 0.131 x 1 1/2||(4) 0.131 x 1 1/2||545||420||265||470||360||205|
Load Values with Strong-Drive® SD Connector Screws
|Model No.||Fasteners||DF/SP Allowable Loads||SPF/HF Allowable Loads|
|To Rafters/ Truss||To Plates/ Base||To Studs/ Post||Uplift||Lateral||Uplift||Lateral|
|(160)||F1 (160)||F2 (160)||(160)||F1 (160)||F2 (160)|
H1A is available with additional corrosion protection.
|H1A||(4) SD9112||(4) SD9112||-||655||550||300||565||475||300|
Code Reports & Compliance