H6 Hurricane Tie
On This Page
Seismic and Hurricane Ties
This product's information may differ depending on the category of use. You are currently viewing details related to Seismic and Hurricane Ties. You can also view product information related to the category: Roof Truss and Rafter Connectors, Ties, and Straps for Cold-Formed Steel Construction
The H6 single-sided hurricane tie is designed to resist moderate to high uplift loads at the stud-to-double-top-plate and the rim-joist-to-stud connections. The length of the tie makes it ideal for applications where spanning a larger distance between members is necessary.
- Forms part of a continuous load path to resist wind and seismic forces
- Suitable for both wood and cold-formed steel applications
- Available in left- and right-hand models; can be installed in pairs
- 16 ga.
- Galvanized (G90) or ZMAX® coating; see Corrosion Information
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes.
- Shipped in equal quantities of right and left versions.
- Hurricane ties do not replace solid blocking.
- When installing ties on plated trusses (on the side opposite the truss plate) do not fasten through the truss plate from behind. This can force the truss plate off of the truss and compromise truss performance.
- Wood Construction Connectors Technical and Installation Notes
- Cold-Formed Steel Connectors Technical and Installation Notes
- General Corrosion Information
- Seismic and Hurricane Ties DF/SP and SPF/HF Allowable Loads
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Ga.||Coating/Material||Packaging Qty.|
|H6||16||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
These products are available with additional corrosion protection.
|Model No.||Ga.||Fasteners (in.)||DF/SP Allowable Loads||SPF/HF Allowable Loads|
|To Plates||To Studs||Uplift (160)||Uplift (160)|
|H6||16||(8) 0.131 x 2 1/2||(8) 0.131 x 2 1/2||1,230||1,065|
Code Reports & Compliance