H7Z Hurricane Tie
On This Page
Seismic and Hurricane Ties
This product's information may differ depending on the category of use. You are currently viewing details related to Seismic and Hurricane Ties. You can also view product information related to the category: Roof Truss and Rafter Connectors, Ties, and Straps for Cold-Formed Steel Construction
The H7Z is a hurricane tie designed for moderate-to-high uplift loads in wood and CFS construction. As part of a continuous load path, the H7Z ties the rafter or truss to both the top plate and the stud. The unique, versatile design allows the tie to be folded over the top of the rafter or truss for a secure fit.
- Provides a connection between the truss or rafter and the wall of the structure that helps resist wind and seismic forces
- Embossment in bend line strengthens connection
- Use also for a variety of connections where one member crosses another
- 16 ga.
- ZMAX® coating; see Corrosion Information
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes.
- Hurricane ties do not replace solid blocking.
- When installing ties on plated trusses (on the side opposite the truss plate) do not fasten through the truss plate from behind. This can force the truss plate off of the truss and compromise truss performance.
- Wood Construction Connectors Technical and Installation Notes
- Cold-Formed Steel Connectors Technical and Installation Notes
- General Corrosion Information
- Seismic and Hurricane Ties DF/SP and SPF/HF Allowable Loads
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Ga.||Coating/Material||Packaging Qty.|
These products are available with additional corrosion protection.
|Model No.||Ga.||Fasteners (in.)||DF/SP Allowable Loads||Uplift with 0.131" x 1 1/2" Nails (160)||SPF/HF Allowable Loads||Uplift with 0.131" x 1 1/2" Nails (160)|
|To Rafters/ Truss||To Plates||To Studs||Uplift||Lateral (160)||Uplift||Lateral (160)|
|H7Z||16||(4) 0.131 x 2 1/2||(2) 0.131 x 1 1/2||(8) 0.131 x 2 1/2||830||410||—||—||715||355||—||—|
Code Reports & Compliance