HGA Hurricane Gusset Angle
On This Page
The HGA is designed to secure the truss to the top plate in gable end truss connections and other framing applications. The engineered gusset in the angle increases strength for lateral and uplift loads. This hurricane gusset angle installs easily with Strong-Drive® SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws.
- Engineered for increased loads in high-wind or seismic events
- Also available in kits including Strong-Drive SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws
- 14 ga.
- Galvanized and hot-dip galvanized
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes.
- HGA10KT: sold as a kit with (10) HGA10 connectors and (40) 1/4" x 1 1/2" Strong-Drive SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws and (40) 1/4" x 3" SDS screws. Additional screws sold separately to install with all 1/4" x 1 1/2" SDS screws (SDS25112).
These products are available with additional corrosion protection.
- See Straps and Ties General Notes.
- When cross-grain bending or cross-grain tension cannot be avoided in the members, mechanical reinforcement to resist such forces shall be considered by the designer.
- Allowable loads in the F1 direction are not intended to replace diaphragm boundary members or prevent cross-grain bending of the truss or rafter members. Additional shear transfer elements shall be considered where there may be effects of cross-grain bending or tension.
- Fasteners: Nail dimensions in the table are diameter by length. SDS screws are Simpson Strong-Tie® Strong-Drive SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws. For additional information, see Fastener Types and Sizes Specified for Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors.
Code Reports & Compliance