HS24 Hurricane Tie
On This Page
Seismic and Hurricane Ties
This product's information may differ depending on the category of use. You are currently viewing details related to Seismic and Hurricane Ties. You can also view product information related to the category: Roof Truss and Rafter Connectors, Ties, and Straps for Cold-Formed Steel Construction
The HS24 attaches the bottom chord of a truss or rafter at pitches from 0/12 to 4/12 to double 2x4 top plates. Double-shear nailing allows for higher lateral resistance in applications when bottom chord of truss or rafter has no slope. The HS24 saddle rafter tie is designed to help resist wind and seismic forces.
- Use also for a variety of connections where one member crosses another
- Versatile clip also used in DIY and multiple applications
- 18 ga.
- Galvanized (G90)
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
- HS24 requires slant nailing only when bottom chord of truss or rafter has no slope
- Wood Construction Connectors Technical and Installation Notes
- Cold-Formed Steel Connectors Technical and Installation Notes
- General Corrosion Information
- Seismic and Hurricane Ties DF/SP and SPF/HF Allowable Loads
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Ga.||Coating/Material||Packaging Qty.|
|HS24||18||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|Model No.||Ga.||Fasteners (in.)||DF/SP Allowable Loads||SPF/HF Allowable Loads|
|To Rafters/Truss||To Plates||Uplift||Lateral (160)||Uplift||Lateral (160)|
|HS24||18||(8) 0.131 x 1 1/2 and (2) 0.131 x 2 1/2 slant||(8) 0.131 x 2 1/2||605||645||1,100||520||555||945|
- See Straps and Ties General Notes.
- When cross-grain bending or cross-grain tension cannot be avoided in the members, mechanical reinforcement to resist such forces shall be considered by the designer.
- HS24 DF/SP allowable loads without slant nailing are 605 lb. (uplift), 590 lb. (F1), 640 lb. (F2). For SPF/HF loads multiply these values by 0.86.
- Allowable loads in the F1 direction are not intended to replace diaphragm boundary members or prevent cross-grain bending of the truss or rafter members. Additional shear transfer elements shall be considered where there may be effects of cross-grain bending or tension.
- Fasteners: Nail dimensions in the table are diameter by length. For additional information, see Fastener Types and Sizes Specified for Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors.
Code Reports & Compliance