TSP Twist Stud Plate
Seismic and Hurricane Ties
This product's information may differ depending on the category of use. You are currently viewing details related to Seismic and Hurricane Ties. You can also view product information related to the categories of: Stud Plate Ties, Roof Truss and Rafter Connectors, Ties, and Straps for Cold-Formed Steel Construction, Strong-Rod® URS Components
The TSP is designed for connecting a sill/top plate to the wall stud or a 2x rafter to the top plate. This twist stud plate tie is installed on the wide face of the 2x stud to avoid interference with sheathing. The TSP features a top-flange that allows the plate to securely attach to both sill plates and top plates.
- Embossment feature provides strength at the bend
- Can be installed before or after placement of wall
- 16 gauge
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
- Sill-plate installation — fill all round holes
- Top-plate installation — fill all round and triangle holes
- US Patent D6,18,,085
- Wood Construction Connectors Technical and Installation Notes
- Cold-Formed Steel Connectors Technical and Installation Notes
- General Notes for Wood Construction Connectors
- General Notes for Cold-Formed Steel
Product Information Table
|Zinc Galvanized, G90
Load Values with Carbon Steel Nails
- See Straps and Ties General Notes.
- Allowable loads are for one anchor. A minimum rafter thickness of 2 1/2” must be used when framing anchors are used on each side of the joist and on the same side of the plate (exception: connectors installed such that nails on opposite side don't interfere).
- Allowable loads in the F1 direction are not intended to replace diaphragm boundary members and do not account for possible cross-grain bending of the truss or rafter members.
- When cross-grain bending or cross-grain tension cannot be avoided in the members, mechanical reinforcement to resist such forces shall be considered by the designer.
- For TSP installed stud to single plate see Stud-Plate Ties.
- Fasteners: Nail dimensions in the table are listed diameter by length. For additional information, see Fastener Types and Sizes Specified for Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors.
- Using Strong-Drive SD Connector (SD9112) for 0.148” x 1 1/2”, Strong-Drive SD Connector (SD9212) for 0.148” x 2 1/2” (and longer) will get the same load as nails.
Code Reports & Compliance