HL Heavy L Strap
On This Page
The HL is designed for beam-to-column applications. This heavy, versatile utility strap is L-shaped, making it ideal for transferring tension loads in a variety of applications. Installed in pairs, the L is load rated and can easily be installed with bolts.
- Galvanized for corrosion resistance
- Versatile for a variety of beam-to-column projects
- Load rated for uplift and lateral forces
- Galvanized or HDG. Also available with black powder coat; see HLPC
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
- Connector must be installed in pairs to be load rated
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Ga.||W (in.)||H (in.)||L (in.)||Coating/Material||Packaging Qty.|
|1212HL||7||2 1/2||12||12||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|1212HLHDG||7||2 1/2||12||12||Hot-Dip Galvanized||1|
|1616HL||7||2 1/2||16||16||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|1616HLHDG||7||2 1/2||16||16||Hot-Dip Galvanized||1|
Product Information Tables
These products are available with additional corrosion protection.
- 1212HL and 1616HL are to be installed in pairs with bolts in double shear. A single part with bolts in single shear is not load rated.
- Allowable loads are based on a minimum member thickness of 3 1/2".
Code Reports & Compliance