GBC Gable Brace Connector
On This Page
The GBC provides a proven, tested connection for the anchorage of building stability bracing to the top of the gable end wall. With allowable bracing installation angles between 40° to 60°, the GBC offers greater flexibility in a connector rated for both tension and compression loads.
- 16 gauge
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
- The GBC must be installed in pairs to achieve full load capacity
- US Patent 7,788,873
Product Information Tables
See more installation illustrations in the gallery at the top of the page.
- For 1 3/4" x 3 1/2" (or larger) LVL gable brace, the allowable load at 40° to 45° is 635 lb. towards anchors, 515 lb. away from anchors.
- Loads have been increased for wind or earthquake loading, with no further increase allowed. Reduce where other loads govern.
- Use a minimum 2x4 gable brace. Larger members may be used.
- Fasteners: Nail dimensions in the table are listed diameter by length. For additional information, see Fastener Types and Sizes Specified for Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors.
Code Reports & Compliance