TSBR Truss Spacer-Restraint
Spacing, Restraint and Bracing Products
This product's information may differ depending on the category of use. You are currently viewing details related to Spacing, Restraint and Bracing Products. You can also view product information related to the category: Roof Truss and Rafter Connectors, Ties, and Straps for Cold-Formed Steel Construction
The Simpson Strong-Tie® TSBR truss spacer-restraint is a time-saving lateral-restraint product that improves quality and safety while helping to meet the prescriptive recommendations of the WTCA/TPI. Easier to install than wood bracing, the TSBR firmly grips the trusses, capturing on-center spacing and keeping them vertical and plumb after placement, resulting in a better truss installation. The unique design eliminates additional time spent measuring truss spacing and laying out temporary lateral bracing. And once installed, the TSBR can remain in place to be sheathed over, thereby eliminating the need to remove temporary bracing and creating a safer, more stable work platform.
- Enables the quick and accurate spacing of trusses without measuring or adjusting
- Helps meet prescriptive temporary bracing recommendations of the BCSI
- Easily "grabs" onto the truss — may be put in place with one hand
- Stays in place during sheathing, saving time and making the roof more stable for workers
- Installs in less time and requires less total bracing material than prescriptive wood bracing methods — reducing labor costs
- The TSBR is a direct replacement for the TSB truss spacer-bracer
- 22 ga. (27 mil)
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes.
- TSBR lateral restraint locations are as recommended in Table B2-1 of SBCA/TPI BCSI or the BCSI B2 Summary Sheet.
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Thickness (mil)||Ga.||W (in.)||D (in.)||L (in.)||Coating/Material||Packaging Qty.|
|TSBR2-16||27||22||1 1/4||1 1/4||17 1/2||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|TSBR2-24||27||22||1 3/4||1||25 1/2||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
- Loads may not be increased for duration of load.
- Minimum nailing meets or exceeds the temporary lateral-restraint recommendations of SBCA/TPI BCSI.
- Fasteners: Nail dimensions in the table are listed diameter by length. For additional information, see Fastener Types and Sizes Specified for Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors.
Code Reports & Compliance