CPS/PBV Standoff Bases
The CPS composite-plastic standoff is for increased concrete surface area. The PBV hidden-standoff post base comes in two different sizes for a variety of post shapes. Both have a powder-coated black paint for a more finished look.
CPS–Engineered composite plastic; PBV–14 gauge galvanized steel
Textured powder-coated flat black paint or galvanized
- Drill a 3/4" diameter hole, 10" into the center of the post.
- Clean out dust. Fill hole halfway with Simpson Strong-Tie® SET® epoxy anchoring adhesive.
- Insert all-thread rod and allow epoxy to set and cure.
- Secure standoff to post using four 10d nails except PBV which uses four Simpson Strong-Tie Strong-Drive® SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws.
- Drill a 3/4" diameter hole per anchor design (see Load Table, footnote 2).
- Clean out dust. Fill hole halfway with Simpson Strong-Tie SET epoxy anchoring adhesive.
- Insert post subassembly into hole and allow epoxy to set and cure.
- Post bases do not provide adequate resistance to prevent members from rotating about the base and therefore are not recommended for non top-supported installations (such as fences or unbraced carports).
- For powder-coated flat black, order PBV6PC or PBV10PC.
- For galvanized coating order PBV6 or PBV10.
- For kit containing Simpson Strong-Tie Strong-Drive SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws, RFB bolt, SET 1.7 adhesive, and powder coated PBV, order PBV6KT or PBV10KT.
Conectores Metálicos Estructurales 2013-2015C-2013SPInformación completa de productos, de la aplicación, de las tablas de cargas y de la instalación, para conectores Simpson Strong-Tie® de madera a madera, madera a concreto y concreto a mampostería.Catalog
High Wind-Resistant Construction Application GuideF-C-HWRCAG16The newly updated High Wind-Resistant Construction Application Guide offers new applications, updated loads, as well as more fastening information that is used to resist high-wind.Product Guide
- Allowable uplift load capacities are for solid-sawn posts with specific gravity of 0.36 minimum except the PBV, which is based on round "Viga" (Ponderosa Pine) wood posts.
- All allowable uplift loads are based on a lowest ultimate load from testing divided by a safety factor of 4. Concrete anchorage to be designed by others, refer to Simpson Strong-Tie website and Anchor Systems catalog. Allowable uplift capacities shall not exceed those shown in the table.
- Download capacities are calculated based on the standoff bearing area and a concrete strength of 2500 psi except the PBV which is based on the wood bearing strength (700 psi for Ponderosa Pine).
- Allowable loads may not be increased for short term loading.
- NAILS: 10d = 0.148" dia. x 3" long. See other nail sizes and information.
|Part||IAPMO UES ER||ICC-ES ESR||City of Los Angeles||State of Florida|
|CPS||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|CPS4||No code listing: Please contact us for test data.|
|CPS46||No code listing: Please contact us for test data.|
|CPS5||No code listing: Please contact us for test data.|
|CPS6||No code listing: Please contact us for test data.|
|CPS7||No code listing: Please contact us for test data.|
|PBV||See specific model numbers for code listings.|
|PBV10PC||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|PBV6PC||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
ESR-2523 is an Index of many of Simpson Strong-Tie Stamped and Welded Cold-formed Steel Products for Wood or Cold-formed Steel Construction