HCJTZ Concealed Joist Tie
On This Page
The HCJTZ is a concealed connector. It can be installed three ways: with no routing of header/post or beam, a routed header/post or a routed beam. It is part of a concealed connector system that includes the CPTZ and CBTZ.
The HCJTZ is a heavy concealed beam tie to be used with large glulam beams resisting heavy loads. The HCJTZ features a unique shape that allows installers to insert the connector into the end of the beam without a visible slot cut into the bottom of the beam.
- 10 gauge
- ZMAX® coating
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes.
- The HCJTZ is supplied with all dowels and screws required. Screws require a hex-head driver.
- Router end of beam for screw heads for flush installation.
- The carried member may be sloped up or down to 45° with full table loads.
This connector requires special attention to ensure correct installation. The beam must be installed perpendicular to the support member. The connection’s components may be damaged if the beam is rotated from its opposite end during or after installation. Damaged components may not be noticeable and may reduce the connector's load carrying capacity.
- Wood Construction Connectors Technical and Installation Notes
- General Notes
- See CBH Concealed Beam Hanger for additional concealed beam connections
These products are available with additional corrosion protection.
- Center dowel in beam. Short dowel (1/2" x 2 3/4") is for use with 3 1/8" glulam beam, 4x sawn lumber, or 3 1/2" wide PSL. Long dowel (1/2" x 4 3/4") is for use with 5 1/8" glulam beam, 6x sawn lumber, or greater widths.
- Fasteners: SDS screws are Simpson Strong-Tie® Strong-Drive® SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws. For additional information, see Fastener Types and Sizes Specified for Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors.
Code Reports & Compliance