HUA Heavy-Duty U-Shaped Architectural Joist Hanger
On This Page
The HUA is a heavy-duty U-shaped hanger designed to connect engineered wood members. This load-rated, architectural heavy joist hanger uses Strong-Drive® SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws. To achieve maximum loads, the HUA features additional round face-nail holes.
- Hangers can be ordered with black paint or a black powder coat for decorative uses
- Hot-dip galvanized finish available by request for exterior use
- 1/4" x 3" SDS screws are supplied with the product
- 7 ga.
- Black paint, black powder coat or hot-dip galvanized
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
- For concealed-flange models see HUAC
- Wood Construction Connectors Technical and Installation Notes
- General Notes
- Contact Simpson Strong-Tie
- Strong-Drive SDS Heavy-Duty Connector Screw
- HUAC Heavy-Duty U-Shaped Architectural Joist Hanger with Concealed Flanges
Product Information Tables
These products are available with additional corrosion protection.
- Uplift loads have been increased for earthquake or wind loading with no further increase allowed. Reduce where other loads govern.
- Downloads are based on Fc⊥ = 565 psi for DF/SP and Fc⊥ = 405 psi for SPF/HF.
- DF/SP allowable loads may be used for glulam, LVL, LSL, and PSL with minimum specific gravity = 0.50 and minimum Fc⊥ = 565 psi.
- Specify "W" dimension when ordering.
- Header height shall be greater than or equal to hanger height.
- Header thickness shall be 3" minimum.
- For HUA with concealed flanges, order HUAC.
Code Reports & Compliance