SSWAB Steel Strong-Wall® Anchor Bolt
On This Page
Steel Strong-Wall® Anchorage
This product's information may differ depending on the category of use. You are currently viewing details related to Steel Strong-Wall® Anchorage. You can also view product information related to the category: Lateral Systems for Cold-Formed Steel Construction
The SSWAB is a heavy-duty, preassembled anchor bolt used to attach Steel Strong-Wall shearwalls to concrete foundations. With a variety of length and diameter options, these anchor bolts offer flexibility for meeting specific project demands. A stamped head makes inspection and identification easy with a No-Equal® symbol, bolt length, bolt diameter and optional “HS” for high strength, if specified.
- Fixed-in-place compression nut to improve performance
- Head stamp for easy identification and inspection
- Supplied with extra nut for attachment to anchor template
- An additional nut for template installation is provided with each SSWAB
- ASTM F1554 Grade 36; high-strength (HS) ASTM A449
- None or HDG
- Install SSWAB before the concrete is poured using the appropriate SSWT anchor template and supplied nut; locate per designer
- Install shear reinforcement per the registered design professional before concrete is poured
- Foundation design by designer
Product Information Tables
|Steel Strong-Wall Width (in.)||Model No.||Dia. (in.)||Total Length (in.)||le (in.)|
|15, 18, 21, 24||SSWAB1x24||1||24||19|
Steel Strong-Wall® Anchor Bolt Layout
Steel Strong-Wall® Shear Anchorage
Foundation shear reinforcement to resist shear forces from Strong-Wall® shearwalls located at the edge of concrete is shown in the table below. The SSW12 and SSW15 used in wind applications do not require shear reinforcement when the shearwall design shear force is less than the anchorage allowable shear load shown in the table below.
- Shear anchorage designs conform to ACI 318-05 and assume minimum f'c = 2500 psi concrete. See load tables for tension anchorage.
- Shear reinforcement is not required for panels installed on a wood floor, interior foundation applications (panel installed away from edge of concrete), or braced-wall panel applications.
- Seismic indicates Seismic Design Category C through F. Detached 1 and 2 family dwellings in SDC C may use wind anchorage solutions. Seismic shear reinforcement designs conform to ACI 318-05 Section D.3.3.4.
- Wind includes Seismic Design Category A and B.
- Where noted minimum curb/stemwall width is 6" when standard-strength SSWAB is used.
- Use (1) #3 tie for SSW12 and SSW15 when the Steel Strong-Wall® panel design shear force exceeds the tabulated anchorage allowable shear load.
- The registered design professional may specify alternate shear anchorage.
Code Reports & Compliance