Steel Strong-Wall® Portal Frame Connection Kit
The Steel Strong-Wall portal frame connection kit is a complete solution for portal frame applications. The kit works with the Steel Strong-Wall shearwalls to achieve increased load values for portal frame systems. The kit includes everything needed to simplify the connection.
- Simplifies installation to provide superior performance
- Straps designed specifically for the Steel Strong-Wall used in portal applications
- #14 x 1" self-drilling screws to attach the straps to the Steel Strong-Wall
- (2) 10-gauge SSWPS straps, (8) #14 x 1" self-drilling screws and installation instructions
- Portal frame connection kit is required to achieve increased load values listed for portal frame system.
- Position header flush with exterior face of the Steel Strong-Wall shearwall.
- Install SSWPS straps on exterior face of the Steel Strong-Wall shearwall (SSW) using #14 x 1" self-drilling screws (supplied).
- Shim between Steel Strong-Wall and header, if necessary. Maximum shim thickness between the Steel Strong-Wall and header is 7/8".
- Use 1/4" x 3 1/2" Simpson Strong-Tie® Strong-Drive® SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws (supplied with SSW) to attach SSW to header.
- Install SSWPS straps to exterior face of header using ten 0.148" x 2 1/2" (minimum length) nails.
- Walls with 2x4 preattached studs may also be used in 2x6 wall framing. Install the wall flush to the exterior face of the framing and add furring to the opposite side.
- Walls may be installed with solid or multi-ply headers.
Product Information Table
Fastener Production Information and Stuff & Things
(2) 10-gauge SSWPS straps, (8) #14 x 1" self-drilling screws, and installation instructions
Code Reports & Compliance