CBS/CBSQ Column Bases
The CBS column base installs with machine bolts and provides tested capacity. The 1" standoff (included) meets code requirements for structural posts installed in basements or exposed to weather or water splash. The CBSQ uses Simpson Strong-Tie® Strong-Drive® SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws, which allow for fast installation, reduced reveal and high capacity, and provide a greater net section area of the column compared to bolts.
- See table
- Galvanized; available in HDG
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes.
- For CBS, install with two machine bolts.
- For CBSQ, install 1/4" x 2" Strong-Drive SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws, which are provided with the column base. (Lag screws will not achieve the same load.)
- For full loads, a minimum of 3" side cover shall be provided.
- Post bases do not provide adequate resistance to prevent members from rotating about the base and therefore are not recommended for non-top-supported installations (such as fences or unbraced carports).
- To order the CBSQ with screws, specify CBSQ-SDS2. To order without screws, specify CBSQ.
Conectores Metálicos Estructurales 2013-2015C-2013SPInformación completa de productos, de la aplicación, de las tablas de cargas y de la instalación, para conectores Simpson Strong-Tie® de madera a madera, madera a concreto y concreto a mampostería.Catalog
High Wind-Resistant Construction Application GuideF-C-HWRCAG16The newly updated High Wind-Resistant Construction Application Guide offers new applications, updated loads, as well as more fastening information that is used to resist high-wind.Product Guide
Do Your Decks Meet Code?/Patio Cover SystemDIY-DECKPATIO16A two-sided tearpad showing connections on one side, while the other side shows the connectors and fasteners needed for a patio cover system. Newer product recommendations are included.Flier
Flood-Resistant Construction Guide for Flood-Prone RegionsF-C-FLOODCON13This flier is designed to educate Specifiers, Building Officials, and Dealers about how to build code-compliant structures to resist the forces created by flooding and high wind.Flier
Deck Connection and Fastening GuideF-DECKCODE13This guide provides a range of info that makes it user-friendly for DIY and novice contractors while retaining a level of detail for more experienced builders.Flier
Critical Deck ConnectionsS-DECKCONTP12A color tearpad targeting DIY’ers as an educational reference guide for safe deck construction. The piece outlines the vital components of a deck constructed with a continuous load path in mind.Flier
DIY Done Right - Make Your Home Projects EasierS-HOMEPRJCTS14A 32-page color brochure showing examples of DIY project ideas using Simpson Strong-Tie® products, including decks, patio covers, fences, and garage organization.Flier
DIY Done Right - Facilitamos los proyectos para su casaS-HOMPRJCTS14SPFlier
Installer's Pocket GuideS-C-INSTALL16S-C-INSTALL16 is a guide featuring updated products, new color illustrations and easier navigation. Some popular structural fastening and anchoring products have also been added.Installation Guide
Connectors Installed on SCL ColumnsT-C-SCLCLM16A one-page, single-sided technical bulletin discussing the structural properties of the two different surface sides of SCL columns, including the listing of reduction factors.Technical Bulletin
Connectors Installed on SCL ColumnsT-C-SCLCLMCAN17A one-page Canadian Limit States version of the technical bulletin discussing the structural properties of two different surface sides of columns made from structural composite lumber (SCL).Technical Bulletin
Show 9 MoreShow Less
- Loads may not be increased by short-term loading.
- For higher downloads, solid pack grout under 1" standoff plate before installing CBS or CBSQ into concrete. Base download on column or concrete, according to the code.
- Concrete shall have a minimum compressive strength, f'c = 2500 psi.
- Multiply Seismic and Wind ASD load values by 1.4 or 1.6 respectively to obtain LRFD capacities.
- In accordance with IBC Section 1613.1, detached one- and two-family dwellings in Seismic Design Category (SDC) C may use “Wind and SDC A&B” allowable loads.
- Download shall be reduced where limited by the design capacity of the column. See Post Capacities for common post allowable loads.
- Designer is responsible for concrete design.
- Structural composite lumber columns have sides that either show the wide face or the edges of the lumber strands/veneers known as the narrow face. Values in the tables reflect installation into the wide face. See technical bulletin T-C-SCLCLM for load reductions due to narrow face installations.
|Part||IAPMO UES ER||ICC-ES ESR||City of Los Angeles||State of Florida|
|CBS||See specific model numbers for code listings.|
|CBS44||No code listing: Please contact us for test data.|
|CBS46||No code listing: Please contact us for test data.|
|CBS66||No code listing: Please contact us for test data.|
|CBSQ||See specific model numbers for code listings.|