ECB Elevated Column Base
On This Page
The ECB elevated column base for hollow columns or solid-sawn posts makes it easy to install waterproofing material on stacked balconies in multi-family buildings. It’s the only post base available off the shelf that features a 2” standoff, providing enough room for moisture barrier material and a thin finish surface while still allowing for the 1” code-required standoff to prevent post decay. There are two model sizes for 6x6 and 8x8 posts.
- 2” elevated base accommodates moisture barrier and surface material while still providing 1” standoff
- Can be used with hollow columns or solid sawn posts
- Flexible anchorage options – 4 corner holes (screw down to wood) or 1 center hole (anchor to concrete)
- Simpson Strong-Tie gray paint; available in HDG
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
- If using the single-anchor option (center hole), (2) 1/2" standard cut washers are required between the 1/2" anchor bolt or nut and the post base
- If using the four-anchor option (corner holes), install anchors into slotted holes at slight angle, as close to vertical as post base geometry will allow
- Concrete anchor options include Titen HD®, Stainless-Steel Titen HD, SET-3G™, or Titen Turbo™; wood anchor options include Strong-Drive® SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screw
- Post bases do not provide adequate resistance to prevent members from rotating about the base, and therefore are not recommended for non-top-supported installations (such as fences or unbraced carports)
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Nominal Post Size||Ga.||Coating/Material||Packaging Qty.|
|ECB66||6x6||Cup 12; base and tube 7||Simpson Strong-Tie Gray Paint||1|
|ECB66HDG||6x6||Cup 12; base and tube 7||Hot-Dip Galvanized||1|
|ECB88||8x8||Cup 12; base and tube 7||Simpson Strong-Tie Gray Paint||1|
|ECB88HDG||8x8||Cup 12; base and tube 7||Hot-Dip Galvanized||1|
|Model No.||Column Size||Dimensions (in)||Fasteners (in.)||Allowable Loads (lb.)|
|W||L||H||Anchorage Diameter||Column||Uplift (160)||Download (100/115/125)|
|To Concrete||To Wood||(1) Center Anchor||(4) Corner Anchors||Over Concrete Support||Over DF/SP Support||Over SPF Support|
|ECB66||6x6||5 1/2||5 1/4||6 1/4||(1) 1/2||(4) 1/4||(16) 0.148 x 1.5||2,125||1,920||12,780||8,495||6,390|
|ECB88||8x8||7 1/4||7||6 1/4||(1) 1/2||(4) 1/4||(16) 0.148 x 1.5||11,230||10,580||7,955|
- Uplift loads have been increased for wind or earthquake loading with no further increase allowed. Reduce where other loads govern.
- Downloads may not be increased for short-term loading.
- Specifier is to design wood or concrete support and anchorage for uplift loads.
- (2) 1/2" standard cut washers are required between the 1/2" anchor bolt or nut and the post base.
- Downloads shall be reduced where limited by the allowable loads of the post.
- Nail dimensions in the table are listed diameter by length.
Code Reports & Compliance