HRS Strap Tie
On This Page
This product's information may differ depending on the category of use. You are currently viewing details related to Straight Straps. You can also view product information related to the category: Lateral Connectors, Ties and Straps for Cold-Formed Steel Construction
The HRS is designed to resist tension forces between two wood members. The HRS6, HRS8 and HRS12 can be installed on the edge of 2x members. The HRS416Z is designed for 4x members. These straps are load-rated, precut straps designed for quick installation and optimal performance. The HRS installs where top or bottom plates are cut, at wall intersections and as ridge ties.
- Engineered to resist wind and seismic forces
- Precut straps for ease of installation
- 12 gauge
- Galvanized. Some products are available hot-dip galvanized or in ZMAX® coating; see Corrosion Information.
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
- The HRS416Z installs with Strong-Drive® SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws
- Special sizes can be made to order; contact Simpson Strong-Tie
- Wood Construction Connectors Technical and Installation Notes
- Cold-Formed Steel Connectors Technical and Installation Notes
- General Notes for Wood Construction Connectors
- General Notes for Cold-Formed Steel
- Corrosion Information
- Contact Simpson Strong-Tie
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Thickness (mil)||Ga.||W (in.)||L (in.)||Coating/Material||Packaging Qty.|
|HRS12||97||12||1 3/8||12||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|HRS6||97||12||1 3/8||6||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|HRS8||97||12||1 3/8||8||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
These products are available with additional corrosion protection.
Many of these products are approved for installation with Strong-Drive® SD Connector screws.
- See Straps and Ties General Notes.
- Fasteners: Nail dimensions in the table are listed diameter by length. SDS screws are Simpson Strong-Tie® Strong-Drive SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws. For additional information, see Fastener Types and Sizes Specified for Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors.
|Model No.||Fasteners (Total)||Allowable Tension Loads (DF/SP)||Allowable Tension Loads (SPF/HF)|
Code Reports & Compliance