HST Heavy Strap Tie
On This Page
This product's information may differ depending on the category of use. You are currently viewing details related to Straight Straps. You can also view product information related to the category: Lateral Connectors, Ties and Straps for Cold-Formed Steel Construction
The HST is designed to support heavy, concentrated loads by creating a strong connection between wood girders and piles. The HST is a heavy, load-rated, precut strap designed for optimal performance.
- Installs with machine bolts
- Designed to resist wind and seismic forces
- HST2, HST5 — 7 gauge; HST3, HST6 — 3 gauge
- HST2, HST5 — galvanized; HST3, HST6 3 — Simpson Strong-Tie gray paint. Some products are available in HDG or black powder-coat (see HSTPC). See Corrosion Information.
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
- Special sizes can be made to order; contact Simpson Strong-Tie
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Ga.||W (in.)||L (in.)||Coating/Material||Packaging Qty.|
|HST2||7||2 1/2||21 1/4||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|HST2HDG||7||2 1/2||21 1/4||Hot-Dip Galvanized||1|
|HST3||3||3||25 1/2||Simpson Strong-Tie Gray Paint||1|
|HST3HDG||3||3||25 1/2||Hot-Dip Galvanized||1|
|HST5||7||5||21 1/4||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|HST5HDG||7||5||21 1/4||Hot-Dip Galvanized||1|
|HST6||3||6||25 1/2||Simpson Strong-Tie Gray Paint||1|
These products are available with additional corrosion protection.
- See Straps and Ties General Notes.
- Allowable bolt loads are based on parallel-to-grain loading and these minimum member thicknesses: HST2 and HST5 — 3 1/2"; HST3 and HST6 — 4 1/2".
Code Reports & Compliance