MST Medium Strap Tie
On This Page
This product's information may differ depending on the category of use. You are currently viewing details related to Straight Straps. You can also view product information related to the category: Lateral Connectors, Ties and Straps for Cold-Formed Steel Construction
The MST is designed to resist tension loads in floor-to-floor and other applications. This high-capacity strap features a dense nailing pattern and can be installed with either nails or bolts. The MST is a load-rated, precut strap designed for quick installation and optimal performance. It is suitable for connecting double 2x members or greater.
- Can be used in conjunction with embedded purlin anchor (PA) straps for additional length
- Designed to resist wind and seismic forces
- See table
- Galvanized. Some products are available in stainless steel, ZMAX® coating or black powder coat (add PC to SKU); contact Simpson Strong-Tie. See Corrosion Information.
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
- Wood Construction Connectors Technical and Installation Notes
- Cold-Formed Steel Connectors Technical and Installation Notes
- General Notes for Wood Construction Connectors
- General Notes for Cold-Formed Steel
- Corrosion Information
- Contact Simpson Strong-Tie
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Thickness (mil)||Ga.||W (in.)||L (in.)||Coating/Material||Packaging Qty.|
|MST27||97||12||2 1/16||27||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|MST27HDG||97||12||2 1/16||27||Hot-Dip Galvanized||1|
|MST37||97||12||2 1/16||37||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|MST37HDG||97||12||2 1/16||37||Hot-Dip Galvanized||1|
|MST48||97||12||2 1/16||48||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|MST48HDG||97||12||2 1/16||48||Hot-Dip Galvanized||1|
|MST60||118||10||2 1/16||60||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|MST60HDG||118||10||2 1/16||60||Hot-Dip Galvanized||1|
|MST72||118||10||2 1/16||72||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
Floor-to-Floor Span Table
Many of these products are approved for installation with Strong-Drive® SD Connector screws.
See footnotes below.
- See General Notes for Straps and Ties.
- Install bolts or nails as specified by designer. Bolt and nail values may not be combined.
- Allowable bolt loads are based on parallel-to-grain loading and minimum member thickness: MST — 2 1/2".
- Splitting may be a problem with installations on lumber smaller than 3 1/2"; either fill every nail hole with 0.148" x 1 1/2" nails or fill every other hole with 0.162" x 2 1/2" nails. Reduce the allowable load based on the size and quantity of fasteners used.
- Fasteners: Nail dimensions in the table are listed diameter by length. For additional information, see Fastener Types and Sizes Specified for Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors.
|Model No.||Fasteners (Total)||Allowable Tension Loads (DF/SP)||Allowable Tension Loads (SPF/HF)|
Code Reports & Compliance