PS Piling Strap
On This Page
This product's information may differ depending on the category of use. You are currently viewing details related to Straight Straps. You can also view product information related to the category: Lateral Connectors, Ties and Straps for Cold-Formed Steel Construction
The PS is designed to support heavy, concentrated loads by creating a strong connection between wood girders and piles. The PS is a load-rated, precut strap designed for quick installation and optimal performance. This pile strap brings greatest strength to the connection when the wood members are notched.
- Installs with machine bolts
- Hot-dip galvanized (HDG) for corrosion resistance
- Designed to resist wind and seismic forces
- 7 ga.
- HDG. Also available in black powder coat (add PC to SKU); contact Simpson Strong-Tie.
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
- Wood Construction Connectors Technical and Installation Notes
- Cold-Formed Steel Connectors Technical and Installation Notes
- General Notes for Wood Construction Connectors
- General Notes for Cold-Formed Steel
- Corrosion Information
- Contact Simpson Strong-Tie
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Thickness (mil)||Ga.||W (in.)||L (in.)||Coating/Material||Packaging Qty.|
|PS720||171||7||6 3/4||20||Hot-Dip Galvanized||1|
These products are available with additional corrosion protection.
- See General Notes for Straps and Ties.
- Posts and beams may consist of multiple members provided they are connected independently of the strap fasteners.
- PS loads are per part (not pair). Loads are based on perpendicular-to-grain loading in the beam and parallel-to-grain loading in the post and assume a minimum member thickness of 3 1/2". PS straps must be positioned such that bolt end and edge distances meet NDS minimum requirements.
Code Reports & Compliance