MSTCM Medium Strap Tie for Masonry
On This Page
Straight Straps for Masonry
This product's information may differ depending on the category of use. You are currently viewing details related to Straight Straps for Masonry. You can also view product information related to the category: Straight Straps for Plated Truss
The MSTCM is designed to resist tension loads in wood-to-masonry uplift applications that use either concrete or grout-filled concrete masonry units (GFCMU). This medium strap tie utilizes a staggered nail pattern to help minimize wood splitting. The high-capacity MSTCM also features countersunk nail slots for a lower nailing profile.
- Load-rated, precut strap designed for quick installation and optimal performance
- Designed to resist wind and seismic forces
- Attaches wood framing to concrete or grout-filled concrete masonry units including floor-to-floor clear span application
- 16 ga.
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
- Attaches to concrete or GFCMU and wood framing
- Minimum end and edge distance for Titen Turbo™ screws is 1 1/2"
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Ga.||W (in.)||L (in.)||Coating/Material||Packaging Qty.|
|MSTCM40||16||3||40 1/4||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|MSTCM60||16||3||59 1/2||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
Masonry and Concrete Applications
|Model No.||Ga.||Dim. (in.)||Fasteners (in.)||Allowable Tension Load DF/SP/SPF/HF (160)|
|W||L||Nails||GFCMU Titen Turbo™||Concrete Titen Turbo™||GFCMU||Concrete|
|MSTCM40||16||3||40 1/4||(26) 0.148 x 3 1/4||(14) 1/4 x 2 1/4||(14) 1/4 x 1 3/4||4,220||4,220|
|MSTCM60||16||3||59 1/2||(26) 0.148 x 3 1/4||(14) 1/4 x 2 1/4||(14) 1/4 x 1 3/4||4,220||4,220|
See footnotes below.
Floor-to-Floor Clear Span Table
|Model No.||End Length (in.)||Clear Span (in.)||Fasteners (Total) (in.)||Allowable Tension/ Uplift Loads|
|Nails||GFCMU Titen Turbo™||Concrete Titen Turbo™||DF/SP||SPF/HF|
|MSTCM40||11 1/8||16 or 18||(14) 0.148 x 3 1/4||(10) 1/4 x 2 1/4||(10) 1/4 x 1 3/4||2,500||2,325|
|MSTCM60||17 1/8||22 1/4||(26) 0.148 x 3 1/4||(14) 1/4 x 2 1/4||(14) 1/4 x 1 3/4||4,220||4,220|
|MSTCM60||17 1/8||26 1/4||(20) 0.148 x 3 1/4||(14) 1/4 x 2 1/4||(14) 1/4 x 1 3/4||3,840||3,320|
- Loads have been increased for wind or earthquake loading, with no further increase allowed. Reduce where other loads govern.
- Minimum edge distance for Titen Turbo screw is 1 1/2".
- Concrete shall have a minimum compressive strength of f'c = 2,500 psi.
- Grout-filled CMU (GFCMU) shall have a minimum compressive strength of f'm = 1,500 psi.
- Products shall be installed such that Titen Turbo screws are not exposed to the exterior environment.
- See Titen Turbo screw information.
- Fasteners: Nail dimensions in the table are diameter by length. Titen Turbo screws are Simpson Strong-Tie® concrete and masonry screws (hex-head model required). For additional information, see Fastener Types and Sizes Specified for Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors.
Code Reports & Compliance