Strong-Drive® XM MEDIUM-HEAD METAL Screw (Collated)
Strong-Drive® Collated Metal Screws
This product's information may differ depending on the category of use. You are currently viewing details related to Strong-Drive® Collated Metal Screws. You can also view product information related to the category: Strong-Drive® Metal Screws
Strong-Drive metal screws are load tested and code listed, allowing you to get the maximum load values for installation. Comparison testing shows Strong-Drive XM Medium-Head Metal screws are stronger than many alternative fastener types in 33 ksi and 50 ksi steel decking.
- 5/16" hex drive (bit part number: BITHEXLB516)
- 1/2"-dia. hex washer head is ideal for narrow-channel steel decking
- Available only in 1 1/4" length with #5 drill point
- Available in Quik Guard® coating
- Also available in bulk for hand-drive installation
- Steel decking to structural members involving wide or narrow valley; nestable or interlocking steel decking
- Industry studies show that hardened fasteners can experience performance problems in wet or corrosive environments. Accordingly, use this product in dry, interior and noncorrosive environments only.
- US Patent 9,518,599
- Fastening Systems Technical and Installation Notes
- Strong-Drive XM Medium-Head Metal Screw also available in bulk for hand-drive fastening
The Steel Deck Institute updated the 4th Edition of the Diaphragm Design Manual (SDI-DDM04) to include Simpson Strong-Tie as an approved manufacturer of screws used for steel decking.
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Length (in.)||Head Diameter (in.)||Compatible Tools||Packaging Qty.|
|XMQ114S1224||1 1/4||0.500||Quik Drive® PROSDX150G2||1500|
Code Reports & Compliance