Strong-Drive® SDWF FLOOR-TO-FLOOR Screw
The Strong-Drive® SDWF floor-to-floor screw is designed to simplify the wind-uplift restraint connection while providing superior performance over the life of the structure. The unique design of the SDWF enables it to attach upper and lower walls together from the top, spanning the floor system and providing an easy-to-install connection within the continuous uplift load path of the structure.
The innovative TUW Take-Up Washer plays a key role in the long-term performance of the SDWF when installed between the screw and the sole plate of the upper floor. As the structure settles because of shrinkage and construction loading, the threaded portion under the head of the screw ratchets up through the tabs of the TUW, which is fastened with Simpson Strong-Tie Strong-Drive SD screw. The interlock between the tabs of the take-up washer and the threads under the head of the SDWF prevent the screw from sliding back under load, providing a simple yet reliable means of shrinkage compensation up to 3/4" per story.
- Faster to install than other floor-to-floor connection methods – drive the screw, install the take up washer and the connection is made from plate-to-plate
- Shrinkage compensation ensures a tight connection even after initial shrinkage and settlement occur
- Installs from inside the structure, eliminating exterior work on the upper stories and enhancing job safety
- Fastening can be done before or after exterior sheathing is applied for added flexibility
- One screw length can be used for multiple floor depths (refer to chart to select appropriate screw size), reducing the need for many screw lengths
Wind-Uplift Restraint Connections
- 25x Strong-Drive® SDWF Floor-to-Floor Screw
- 25x TUW Take-Up Washers
- 100x Strong-Drive® SD Connector Screws (#9)
- 5/16" Hex Driver Bit
- Screw Depth Guide to ensure proper SDWF engagement with TUW
- TUW take-up washer is galvanized 10ga. steel
- Use all specified fasteners. See General Notes.
- Refer to flier F-SDWFTUW, or the Simpson Strong-Tie Fastening Systems catalog.
- Load Tables, Technical Data and Installation Instructions for the Strong-Drive® SDWF FLOOR-TO-FLOOR Screw
- Installation Detail Drawings
Sistemas de FijaciónC-F-15SPInformación completa de nuestra línea de tornillos y clavos, grapas y clavos en sarta, tornillos en sarta y sistemas de autoalimentación de tornillos Quik Drive® para sistemas de sujeción.Catalog
High Wind-Resistant Construction Application GuideF-C-HWRCAG16The newly updated High Wind-Resistant Construction Application Guide offers new applications, updated loads, as well as more fastening information that is used to resist high-wind.Product Guide
Fasteners Simplify Wind-Uplift RestraintS-F-SDWFSDWC16A new single-sheet sales flier promoting Strong-Drive® SDWF Floor-to-Floor and Strong-Drive® SDWC Truss screws as key solutions for installing continuous load path connections.Flier
Strong-Drive SDWF Floor-To-Floor ScrewF-F-SDWFTUW16The Strong-Drive® SDWF Floor-to-Floor screw is designed to simplify the floor-to-floor, wind-uplift restraint connection and provide superior performance over the life of the structure.Flier
Installer's Pocket GuideS-C-INSTALL16S-C-INSTALL16 is a guide featuring updated products, new color illustrations and easier navigation. Some popular structural fastening and anchoring products have also been added.Installation Guide
Show 3 MoreShow Less
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Length (in.)||Drive Type||Head Diameter (in.)||Head Type||Thread Length||Thread Type||Shank Diameter (in.)||Point Type||Coating/Material||Packaging Quantity||UPC|
|SDWF2716-TUW||16||5/16 in. Hex||0.73||Hex Washer Head||5||Variable Thread Design||0.270||Type-17 Point||E-Coat™ Electrocoating||25||707392478805|
|SDWF2720-TUW||20||5/16 in. Hex||0.73||Hex Washer Head||5||Variable Thread Design||0.270||Type-17 Point||E-Coat™ Electrocoating||25||707392885405|
|SDWF2724-TUW||24||5/16 in. Hex||0.73||Hex Washer Head||5||Variable Thread Design||0.270||Type-17 Point||E-Coat™ Electrocoating||25||707392845904|
|SDWF2726-TUW||26||5/16 in. Hex||0.73||Hex Washer Head||5||Variable Thread Design||0.270||Type-17 Point||E-Coat™ Electrocoating||25||707392448709|
- Allowable loads may be increased for load duration up to CD = 1.6.
- Joist depth listed based on the 3/4" subfloor and 3" of thread penetration into double top plates.
Uniform Uplift Loads
- Spacing listed based on lesser of: single bottom plate bending allowable load, single bottom plate deflection limited to spacing/240 and 1⁄4" max, screw allowable withdrawal load, and take-up washer allowable load.
- Withdrawal load is based on a CD = 1.6 and minimum 3" penetration into lower wall double top plates.
- Stud-to-plate connections are required to complete the load path. These connections shall not exceed the lesser of 48" o.c. or Strong-Drive SDWF Floor-To-Floor spacing.
- Spacing values listed for SP lumber consider new base values adopted by AWC on June 1, 2012.
Concentrated Uplift Loads
- Allowable loads listed include a wood load duration factor of CD = 1.6 for wind or earthquake loading with no further increase allowed.
- Single and double Strong-Drive SDWF-TUW applications listed are for concentrated load uplift restraint conditions (i.e. end of header, at girders, or at the end of shearwalls).