Expand Your Frame of Reference
No longer are moment frames time-intensive and labor-intensive to install. The Strong Frame special and ordinary moment frames by Simpson Strong-Tie are cost-effective alternatives to traditional, site-built moment frames.
Our moment frames offer the level of quality and innovation that has become synonymous with Simpson Strong-Tie. Our special moment frames feature Yield-Link® Structural Fuses that enable frames to be repaired after a seismic event by removing the yielded fuses and bolting on new ones. The frame can remain in the structure during repair. With 100% bolted connections, there is no need for welding, which reduces the risk of fire.
- Pre-designed moment frame solutions: Designers can choose from hundreds of pre-engineered frames. Solutions provided for both prescriptive wind and seismic areas.
- 100% bolted connections: Install frames faster with no field welding required. No need to have a welder on site, or a special welding inspector.
- Code Listed: The Strong Frame special moment frame is code listed under ICC-ES ESR-2802. The Strong Frame ordinary moment frame is code listed under IAPMO UES ER-164. The Special Moment Frame Connection is code listed under the City of LA RR25957.
- MasterFormat® Specifications: Strong Frame MasterFormat Specifications are available for both ordinary and special moment frames.
- Custom-order sizes: Our made-to-order Strong Frame program can quickly specify, manufacture and deliver any sized frame; multi-bay and multi-story solutions available.
Multi-Story and Multi-Bay Designs Learn More
The Strong Frame special moment frame has proven to perform exceptionally well in structures up to four stories, providing Designers many possibilites for designing larger structures that are structurally sound and aesthetically pleasing.
Expand Your Frame of Reference to Multi-Story and Multi-Bay Designs
This four-page flier introduces Designers to features of Strong Frame Special Moment Frame multi-story and multi-bay offerings, highlighting the Simpson Strong-Tie design-engagement process.Download the Flier
Strong Frame Moment Frame Selector Software
Simpson Strong-Tie Strong Frame Moment Frame Selector software helps the Designer select the appropriate frame based on your project's given geometry and loading.Download US Version Download Canadian Version
Multi-Story Special Moment Frame
Strong Frame special moment frames are now available in multi-story, multi-bay options for light-frame wood construction. They increase the safety and resiliency of a building in an earthquake.