Expand Your Frame of Reference
No longer are moment frames time-intensive and labor-intensive to install. The Strong Frame special and ordinary moment frames by Simpson Strong-Tie are cost-effective alternatives to traditional, site-built moment frames.
Our moment frames offer the level of quality and innovation that has become synonymous with Simpson Strong-Tie. Our special moment frames feature Yield-Link® Structural Fuses that enable frames to be repaired after a seismic event by removing the yielded fuses and bolting on new ones. The frame can remain in the structure during repair. With 100% bolted connections, there is no need for welding, which reduces the risk of fire.
- Pre-designed moment frame solutions: Designers can choose from hundreds of pre-engineered frames. Solutions provided for both prescriptive wind and seismic areas.
- 100% bolted connections: Install frames faster with no field welding required. No need to have a welder on site, or a special welding inspector.
- Code Listed: The Strong Frame special moment frame is code listed under ICC-ES ESR-2802. The Strong Frame ordinary moment frame is code listed under IAPMO UES ER-164. The Special Moment Frame Connection is code listed under the City of LA RR25957.
- MasterFormat® Specifications: Strong Frame MasterFormat Specifications are available for both ordinary and special moment frames.
- Custom-order sizes: Our made-to-order Strong Frame program can quickly specify, manufacture and deliver any sized frame; multi-bay and multi-story solutions available.
Multi-Story and Multi-Bay Designs Learn More
The Strong Frame special moment frame has proven to perform exceptionally well in multi-story and multi-bay structures, providing Designers many possibilities for designing larger structures that are structurally sound and aesthetically pleasing.
Strong Frame® Design Guide
A design guide on Strong Frame® moment frame design requirements and considerations, including methods of specification, product, anchorage and installation information.Download the Guide
Expand Your Frame of Reference to Multi-Story and Multi-Bay Designs
This four-page flier introduces Designers to features of Strong Frame Special Moment Frame multi-story and multi-bay offerings, highlighting the Simpson Strong-Tie design-engagement process.Download the Flier
5 Steps to a Successful Soft-Story Building Retrofit
Learn the best practices for soft-story building retrofits during this innovative webinar presented by Simpson Strong-Tie.Watch the recorded webinar now
Strong Frame Moment Frame Selector Software
Simpson Strong-Tie Strong Frame Moment Frame Selector software helps the Designer select the appropriate frame based on your project's given geometry and loading.Download US Version Download Canadian Version