SP4/6/8 U-Shaped Stud Plate Ties
On This Page
Stud Plate Ties
This product's information may differ depending on the category of use. You are currently viewing details related to Stud Plate Ties. You can also view product information related to the categories of: Roof Truss and Rafter Connectors, Ties, and Straps for Cold-Formed Steel Construction, Strong-Rod® URS Components
The SP4, SP6 and SP8 are designed as stud-to-plate connections to resist uplift. These U-shaped straps have a horizontal portion that bears against the wood-wall top plates or sill plates and two vertical legs that are nailed to the edges of a wood stud. These ties are a cost-effective option when properly installed before the placement of the wall.
- Load rated
- Designed to resist wind and seismic forces
- Does not require top or bottom track attachment
- See table
- Galvanized (G90). Available with ZMAX® coating; see Corrosion Information.
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
These products are available with additional corrosion protection.
|Model No.||Dimensions (in.)||Stud||Plate Width||Fasteners (in.)||Allowable Uplift Loads|
|Side2 (160)||Center3 (160)||Side2 (160)||Center3 (160)|
|SP4||3 9/16||7 1/4||2x||4x||(6) 0.148 x 1 1/2||—||415||825||355||710|
|SP6||5 9/16||7 3/4||2x||6x||(6) 0.148 x 1 1/2||—||415||825||355||710|
|SP8||7 5/16||8 5/16||2x||8x||(6) 0.148 x 1 1/2||—||415||825||355||710|
- See Straps and Ties General Notes.
- Use Side (eccentric) load when uplift loads are applied to only one face of the top plate.
- Use Center (concentric) loads when uplift loads are applied at the centerline of the top plate, or where equal loads are applied to both sides of the top plate. Center loads should also be used for stud-to-bottom plate loads.
- Fasteners: Nail dimensions in the table are listed diameter by length. For additional information, see Fastener Types and Sizes Specified for Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors.
Code Reports & Compliance