SSP Single-Stud-Plate Connector
On This Page
Stud Plate Ties
This product's information may differ depending on the category of use. You are currently viewing details related to Stud Plate Ties. You can also view product information related to the categories of: Roof Truss and Rafter Connectors, Ties, and Straps for Cold-Formed Steel Construction, Strong-Rod® URS Components
The SSP is a prebent strap designed to connect single studs to either top or bottom plates. This versatile single-stud-plate connector helps to create a continuous load path in uplift resistance. The SSP features a top flange that allows the plate to attach securely to both sill plates and top plates.
- Embossments feature provides strength at the bend
- Can be installed before or after placement of wall
- 18 gauge
- Galvanized or ZMAX® coating; see Corrosion Information
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
- Top plate installation — fill all round and triangle holes
- Sill plate installation — fill all round holes
- US Patents 7,356,973; 7,065,932
- Wood Construction Connectors Technical and Installation Notes
- Cold-Formed Steel Connectors Technical and Installation Notes
- General Notes for Wood Construction Connectors
- General Notes for Cold-Formed Steel
- Corrosion Information
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Ga.||W (in.)||L (in.)||Coating/Material||Packaging Qty.|
|SSP||18||1 3/8||6 11/16||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|SSPZ||18||1 3/8||6 11/16||ZMAX®||1|
These products are available with additional corrosion protection.
- See Straps and Ties General Notes.
- When cross-grain bending or cross-grain tension cannot be avoided in the members, mechanical reinforcement to resist such forces shall be considered by the designer.
- Fasteners: Nail dimensions in the table are listed diameter by length. For additional information, see Fastener Types and Sizes Specified for Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors.
Code Reports & Compliance