TSP Twist Stud Plate
On This Page
Stud Plate Ties
This product's information may differ depending on the category of use. You are currently viewing details related to Stud Plate Ties. You can also view product information related to the categories of: Seismic and Hurricane Ties, Roof Truss and Rafter Connectors, Ties, and Straps for Cold-Formed Steel Construction, Strong-Rod® URS Components
The TSP is designed for connecting a sill/top plate to the wall stud or a 2x rafter to the top plate. This twist stud plate tie is installed on the wide face of the 2x stud to avoid interference with sheathing. The TSP features a top-flange that allows the plate to securely attach to both sill plates and top plates.
- Embossment feature provides strength at the bend
- Can be installed before or after placement of wall
- 16 gauge
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
- Sill-plate installation — fill all round holes
- Top-plate installation — fill all round and triangle holes
- Wood Construction Connectors Technical and Installation Notes
- Cold-Formed Steel Connectors Technical and Installation Notes
- General Notes for Wood Construction Connectors
- General Notes for Cold-Formed Steel
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Ga.||W (in.)||L (in.)||Coating/Material||Packaging Qty.|
|TSP||16||1 1/2||7 7/8||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
- See Straps and Ties General Notes.
- When cross-grain bending or cross-grain tension cannot be avoided in the members, mechanical reinforcement to resist such forces shall be considered by the designer.
- Noted values apply only to DF/SP members. For SPF values, multiply by 0.86.
- Southern pine allowable uplift load is 520 lb.
- Fasteners: Nail dimensions in the table are listed diameter by length. For additional information, see Fastener Types and Sizes Specified for Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors.
Code Reports & Compliance