PAB Pre-Assembled Anchor Bolt
The PAB anchor bolt is a versatile cast-in-place anchor bolt ideal for high-tension-load applications, such as rod systems and shearwalls. It features a plate washer at the embedded end sandwiched between two fixed hex nuts and a head stamp for easy identification after the pour.
- Available in diameters from 1/2" to 1 1/4" in lengths from 12" to 36" (in 6" increments)
- Available in standard and high-strength steel
- Head stamp contains the No Equal sign, diameter designation and an "H" on high-strength rods
- Standard Steel — ASTM F1554 Grade 36, A36 or A307; Fu = 58 ksi
- High-Strength Steel (up to 1" dia.) — ASTM A449; Fu = 120 ksi
- High-Strength Steel (1 1/8" and 1 1/4" dia.) – ASTM A193 B7 or F1554 Grade 105; Fu = 125 ksi
- None. May be ordered in HDG; contact Simpson Strong-Tie.
On HDG PABs, chase the threads to use standard nuts or couplers or use overtapped products in accordance with ASTM A563; for example, Simpson Strong-Tie® NUT5/8-OST, NUT7/8-OST, CNW5/8-OST, CNW7/8-OST. Some OST couplers are typically oversized on one end of the coupler nut only and will be marked with an "O" on oversized side. Couplers may be oversized on both ends. Contact Simpson Strong-Tie.
- When calling out PAB anchor bolts, substitute the desired length for the "XX" in the Root Model Number.
- For a 5/8" x 18" anchor bolt, the model number would be PAB5-18 (or PAB5H-18 for high strength).
- Wood Construction Connectors Technical and Installation Notes
- General Notes
- Contact Simpson Strong-Tie
- Anchor Designer™ Software:
Simpson Strong-Tie® Anchor Designer software analyzes and suggests anchor solutions using the ACI 318 strength-design methodology (or CAN/CSA A23.3 Annex D Limit States Design methodology). It provides cracked and uncracked-concrete anchorage solutions for numerous Simpson Strong-Tie mechanical and adhesive anchors as well as the PAB anchor bolt. With its easy-to-use graphical user interface, the software makes it easy for the Designer to identify anchorage solutions without having to perform time-consuming calculations by hand.
Wood Construction Connectors CatalogC-C-2017Complete product and application information, as well as load tables and installation information, for more than 3,000 wood-to-wood, wood-to-concrete and wood-to-masonry connectors.Catalog
Holdown Anchors: Slab-on-GradeL-C-HDABSOG17Anchor Bolt Recommendations for Holdowns Used with Slab-On-Grade Foundations.Engineering Letter
Holdown Anchors: StemwallL-C-HDABSTEM15Anchor Bolt Recommendations for Holdowns Used with Stemwall FoundationsEngineering Letter
Show 1 MoreShow Less
Product Information Tables
How to specify & order
When calling out PAB anchor bolts, substitute the desired length for the "XX" in the Root Model Number.
For a 5/8"x18" anchor bolt, the model number would be PAB5-18 (or PAB5H-18 for high strength).
PAB Anchor Bolt – Standard Steel
PAB Anchor Bolt – High-Strength Steel
- Lengths longer than 36" available as a special order.
- Plate washers are designed to develop the capacity of the bolt.
PAB Anchor Bolt – Anchorage Solutions
- Anchorage designs conform to ACI 318-14 Appendix D and assume cracked concrete with no supplementary reinforcement.
- Seismic indicates Seismic Design Category C-F and designs comply with ACI 318-14 Section 220.127.116.11. Per Section 1613 of the IBC, detached one- and two-family dwellings in SDC C may use wind values.
- Wind includes Sesmic Design Category A and B.
- Foundation dimensions are for anchorage only. Foundation design (size and reinforcement) by Designer. The registered design professional may specify alternate embedment, footing size, and anchor bolt.
- Where tension loads are governed by anchor steel, the design provisions from AISC 360-10 are used to determine the tensile steel limit. LRFD values are calculated by multiplying the nominal AISC steel capacity by a 0.75 phi factor and allowable values are calculated by dividing the AISC nominal capacity by a 2.0 omega factor.
- Where tension loads are governed by an Appendix D concrete limit, the allowable Stress Design (ASD) values are obtained by multiplying Load Factor Resistance Design (LRFD) capacities by 0.7 for Seismic and 0.6 for Wind.
|Part||IAPMO UES ER||ICC-ES ESR||City of Los Angeles||State of Florida|
|PAB||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|PAB10||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|PAB5||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|PAB6||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|PAB7||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|PAB7H||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|PAB8||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|PAB8H||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|PAB9||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|