SSTB® Anchor Bolt
Wood Strong-Wall® Bolts
This product's information may differ depending on the category of use. You are currently viewing details related to Wood Strong-Wall® Bolts. You can also view product information related to the category: Bolts
The SSTB anchor bolt is designed for maximum performance as an anchor bolt for holdowns and Simpson Strong-Tie® Strong-Wall® shearwalls. Extensive testing has been done to determine the design load capacity of the SSTB when installed in many common applications.
The Simpson Strong-Tie® SSTB anchor bolts are code listed by ICC-ES under the 2012 and 2015 IBC® and IRC®.
- Identification on the bolt head showing embedment angle and model
- Offset angle reduces side bursting, and provides more concrete cover
- Rolled thread for higher tensile capacity
- Stamped embedment line aids installation
- Available in HDG for additional corrosion resistance
- ASTM F-1554, Grade 36
- None. May be ordered HDG; contact Simpson Strong-Tie.
- SSTB is suitable for monolithic and two-pour concrete applications.
- Nuts and washers for holdown attachment are not supplied with the SSTB; install standard nuts, couplers and/or washers as required.
- On HDG SSTB anchors, chase the threads to use standard nuts or couplers or use overtapped products in accordance with ASTM A563, for example Simpson Strong-Tie® NUT5/8-OST, NUT7/8-OST, CNW5/8-OST, CNW7/8-OST.
- Install SSTB before the concrete pour using AnchorMate® anchor bolt holders. Install the SSTB per the plan view detail.
- Minimum concrete compressive strength is 2,500 psi.
- When rebar is required it does not need to be tied to the SSTB.
- Order SSTBL models (example: SSTB16L) for longer thread length (16L = 5 1/2", 20L = 6 1/2", 24L = 6", 28L = 6 1/2"). SSTB and SSTBL load values are the same. SSTB34 and SSTB36 feature 4 1/2" and 6 1/2" of thread respectively and are not available in "L" versions.
- One horizontal #4 rebar in the second course.
- One vertical #4 rebar in adjacent cell for 5/8"-diameter SSTB.
- One vertical #4 rebar in an adjacent cell and additional vertical #4 rebar(s) at 24" o.c. max. for 7/8"-diameter SSTBs (2 total vertical rebars for end wall corner, 3 total vertical rebars for midwall).
For two-pour (4" slab) installation loads:
- When using the SSTB20, use the equivalent loads of the SSTB16.
- When using the SSTB24, use the equivalent loads of the SSTB20.
- When using the SSTB34 or 36, use the equivalent loads of the SSTB28.
Wood Construction Connectors CatalogC-C-2017Complete product and application information, as well as load tables and installation information, for more than 3,000 wood-to-wood, wood-to-concrete and wood-to-masonry connectors.Catalog
Conectores Metálicos Estructurales 2013-2015C-2013SPInformación completa de productos, de la aplicación, de las tablas de cargas y de la instalación, para conectores Simpson Strong-Tie® de madera a madera, madera a concreto y concreto a mampostería.Catalog
Installer's Pocket GuideS-C-INSTALL16S-C-INSTALL16 is a guide featuring updated products, new color illustrations and easier navigation. Some popular structural fastening and anchoring products have also been added.Installation Guide
Anchoring Solutions for Simpson Strong-Tie® Connectors in Wind and Low-Seismic RegionsT-ANCHORSPEC12A cross-reference to help evaluate the anchorage solution options for Simpson Strong-Tie holdowns, tension ties and post bases. Extensive details included for various foundation types.Technical Bulletin
City of Los Angeles RR Values for Connectors in Shear Walls and Wall Anchorage AssembliesT-C-HDLA15T-C-HDLA15 is a technical bulletin that details holdown requirements imposed by the City of Los Angeles and provides adjusted load values for Simpson Strong-Tie holdowns that meet these requirements.Technical Bulletin
Holdown Anchors: Slab-on-GradeL-C-HDABSOG17Anchor Bolt Recommendations for Holdowns Used with Slab-On-Grade Foundations.Engineering Letter
Holdown Anchors: StemwallL-C-HDABSTEM15Anchor Bolt Recommendations for Holdowns Used with Stemwall FoundationsEngineering Letter
Supplemental Info to T-SWPDG10: SW to CMUL-L-SWPDGCMU17Alternate CMU Stemwall Anchorage for Narrow Wall Bracing Solutions in T-SWPDG10.Engineering Letter
Show 6 MoreShow Less
SSTB Bolts at Stemwall
- See notes to the Designer below.
- SSTB28, SSTB34 and SSTB36 with 3 7/8" end distance allowable loads are 6,605 lbs. (Wind and SDC A&B) and 5,550 lbs (SDC C-F).
STEMWALL PLAN VIEWS
SSTB Bolts at Stemwall: Garage Front
SSTB Bolts at Slab on Grade: Edge
SSTB Bolts at Slab on Grage: Garage Curb
Notes to the Designer:
- Rebar is required at top of stemwall foundations but is not required for Slab-on-Grade Edge and Garage Curb, or Stemwall Garage Front installations.
- Minimum end distances for SB bolts are as shown in graphics.
- To obtain LRFD values for cast-in-place anchor bolts, multiply ASD seismic load values by 1.4 and wind load values by 1.6 (1.67 for 2015 IBC).
- Per Section 1613 of the IBC, detached one- and two-story dwellings in SDC C may use "Wind and SDC A&B" allowable loads.
- See ESR-2611 for additional information.
- Midwall loads apply when anchor is 1.5 le or greater from the end. For bolts acting in tension simultaneously, the minimum bolt center-to-center spacing is 3 le.
SSTB Bolts in 8" GFCMU
- Loads are based on a minimum CMU compressive strength, f'm, of 1500 psi.
- Minimum end distance required to achieve midwall table loads is 1.5 le.
- Minimum end distance for corner/end wall loads is 4 1/4".
- Loads may not be increased for duration of load.
- Allowable loads are based on the average ultimate load with a safety factor of 5.0 per ACI 530.
Typical SSTB Installation in Grouted Concrete Block
|Part||IAPMO UES ER||ICC-ES ESR||City of Los Angeles||State of Florida|
|SSTB||See specific model numbers for code listings.|
|SSTB14||No code listing: Please contact us for test data.|
|SSTBL||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|