HTT Heavy Tension Tie
On This Page
This product's information may differ depending on the category of use. You are currently viewing details related to Tension Ties. You can also view product information related to the category: Holdowns and Tension Ties for Cold-Formed Steel Construction
The HTT is a high-strength solution for resisting tension loads in post-pour, wood-to-concrete connections. This heavy, single-piece formed tension tie is fastened with nails or Strong-Drive® SD Connector screws. The HTT has a four-ply formed seat and a design without rivets that does not require washers.
- Optimized nailing pattern for better performance and less deflection
- Ideal for retrofit or new construction projects
- HTT5KT holdown is sold as a kit with the bearing plate, washer and Strong-Drive SD Connector screws
- See table
- Galvanized. May be ordered HDG; contact Simpson Strong-Tie.
- See Holdown and Tension Tie General Notes.
- For information about marriage strap at panelized roof applications, see MSTD.
- HTT5KT requires BP 5/8-2 bearing plate and #10 x 2 1/2" SD Strong-Drive Connector screws (included in kit).
- The HTT4 and HTT5 feature an optimized nailing pattern which results in better performance with less deflection.
- The HTT5-3/4 is designed to use a 3/4"-diameter anchor bolt.
- When using with unreinforced concrete masonry, 3/4" post-installed anchor bolts are commonly used.
- When installing over wood structural panel sheathing, use a 2 1/2"-long fastener minimum.
Many of these products are approved for installation with Strong-Drive® SD Connector screws.
- Allowable load for HTT5 with a BP 5/ 8-2 bearing-plate washer installed in the seat of the holdown is 5,295 lb. for DF/SP and 4,555 lb. for SPF/HF.
- Fasteners: Nail dimensions in the table are listed diameter by length. SD screws are Simpson Strong-Tie® Strong-Drive SD Connector screws. For additional information, see Fastener Types and Sizes Specified for Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors.
Code Reports & Compliance