LTT Light Tension Tie
On This Page
The LTT is a solution for resisting tension loads when used to attach wood to concrete or masonry walls. This light tension tie is designed for horizontal purlin applications and may also be used for vertical holdown applications. For LTT tension tie applications with unreinforced concrete masonry, 3/4" post-installed anchor bolts are commonly used.
The LTTP2 model, for wood joist attachments, features an extruded anchor bolt hole to accommodate 1/2", 5/8" and 3/4" bolt diameters. It also features two separate nailing patterns: obround holes spaced 3" apart for I-joist purlins and square holes spaced to accommodate the narrow face of 2x solid-sawn purlins. The LTTP2 may be installed vertically on the wide face of a minimum 2x4 stud for holdown applications and can be fastened with nails or Strong-Drive® SD Connector screws.
The LTTI31 model, for wood-chord open-web truss attachments, features a built-in load transfer plate washer for increased performance. It may be installed vertically on a minimum 2x6 stud with nails.
- Nailing patterns to accommodate different purlin/rafter/truss types
- Low-profile seat to reduce visibility of tie
- Tested with different anchor bolt diameters to meet code-required applications based on substrate
- See table
- Galvanized. May be ordered HDG; contact Simpson Strong-Tie.
- See Holdown and Tension Tie General Notes
- LTTP2 — one standard cut-washer is required when using 1/2" and 5/8" anchor bolts; and no additional washer is required for 3/4" anchor bolts
- LTTP2 — For installations on narrow edge of solid sawn (2x, 3x) joists use (15) square holes; for all other installations use (12) obround holes
- For tension ties installed over wood structural panel sheathing, use a 2 1/2"-long fastener minimum
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Ga.||W (in.)||L (in.)||CL (in.)||SO (in.)||Coating/Material||Packaging Qty.|
|LTTI31||18||3 3/4||31||1 3/8||1/4||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|LTTP2||10||2 9/16||14 15/16||1 1/8||7/16||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
Many of these products are approved for installation with Strong-Drive® SD Connector screws.
- LTTI31 installed flush with concrete or masonry has an allowable load of 2,285 lb.
- For LTTP2, standard cut washer is required when using 1/2" and 5/8" anchor rods.
- For (15) nail installations on narrow edge of 2x4 (minimum) joist, LTTP2 installed flush with concrete or masonry has an allowable load of 2,560 lb. for DF/SP and 2,355 lb. for SPF/HF.
- LTTP2 installed with (15) #9 x 1 1/2" SD screws on narrow edge of 2x joist has an allowable load of 2,105 lb. for DF/SP and 1,935 lb. for SPF/HF.
- For (12) nail installations on I-joist or wide face of 2x member, LTTP2 installed flush with concrete or masonry has an allowable load of 1,950 lb. for DF/SP and 1,795 lb. for SPF/HF.
- Fasteners: Nail dimensions in the table are listed diameter by length. For additional information, see Fastener Types and Sizes Specified for Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors.
Code Reports & Compliance