EG Beam and Glulam Top-Flange Hangers
On This Page
Designed to support large members typically found in glulam beam construction.
- Stirrup — 7 gauge; LEG/MEG TF — 7 gauge; all other TF — 3 gauge
- Simpson Strong-Tie gray paint. Some products available hot-dip galvanized or in black powder coat.
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
- Maintain minimum 4D end distance and edge distance from bolt to end of header and nearest loaded edge per NDS requirements
- Skewed Seat — Top-Flange Models Only
- The LEG/MEG/EG series can be skewed up to 45°. The maximum allowable load is 10,000 lb. for LEG and MEG, 14,250 lb. for EG.
- Sloped Seat — Top-Flange Models Only
- The LEG/MEG/EG series can be sloped up to 45°. The maximum allowable load is 9,665 lb.; see illustration.
- No Sloped and Skewed Combo Available
- Offset Top Flange
- The LEG/MEG (only) top flange may be offset left or right for placement at the end of a header (see illustration). The maximum allowable load is 5,665 lb. (Min. H = 11" for MEG, 9" for LEG).
- No skews allowed on offset hangers.
- Models available without top flanges; see table loads.
- Roof loads are 125% of floor loads unless limited by other criteria. Floor loads may be adjusted for load durations according to the code provided they do not exceed those in the roof column.
- Allowable loads assume a carrying member width of 5 1/8".
- Specify H dimension.
- Triangle Theory: Some code jurisdictions allow only half of the top-flange bearing area to be considered when performing a top-flange hanger calculation, as there is non-uniform stress under the top flange (presumed to be a triangular-shaped distribution). Therefore, loads are published above using the calculated "Triangle Theory." Loads are also published in the "No Triangle Theory" columns, which are based on calculations assuming full bearing on the top flange which do not exceed the tested value with a reduction factor of 3.
Code Reports & Compliance