This product is only available in Canada
A dedicated range of top-flange I-joist hangers meeting the unique needs of I-joists while offering superior performance and ease of installation.
The LT series of top-flange hangers is designed for use with wood I-joists. Installation is fast and easy. The hanger's top flange simplifies placement, and the side flanges laterally support the I-joist top flange, eliminating the need for web stiffeners. Securing the carried I-joist is simple with only one or two screws required into the bottom flange through the seat of the hanger.
- Use all specified fasteners. Verify that the header can take the required fasteners specified in the table.
- See General Instructions for the Installer for additional information.
- LT's optional triangle nail holes may be used for increased uplift capacity. See Optional Nailing for Increased Uplift table.
- For sloped joists up to 1/4:12 there is no reduction, between 1/4:12 and up to 1/2:12, tests show a 10% reduction in ultimate hanger strength. Local crushing of the bottom flange or excessive deflection may be limiting; check with joist manufacturer for specific limitations on bearing of this type.
- Because these hangers are fully die-formed, they cannot be modified. However these models will normally accommodate a skew of up to 5°.
- The LT hanger has locations for optional nails if additional uplift is needed. Optional uplift nailing requires the addition of properly-secured web stiffeners. See the load tables for minimum required fasteners and uplift capacities.